300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheyenne WY PD

Looking for information/insight about the Cheyenne, WY PD other than what a recruiter or the web site has. I know they are currently hiring and struggling to keep officers (they loose alot to Denver PD).

Thanks

I just left Cheyenne, didn't work with the PD though. Cheyenne is a fairly small town, and doesn't have a bunch of action. Never heard of any complaints about the local PD, so assume they have their **** squared away. Like I said, crime is pretty low in Cheyenne, plenty of OT in the summer when Frontier Days hits. You'll most likely be dealing with a lot of military personnel as there is an Air Force base in town. The weather sucks!!!! It's almost always windy, and it could be 90 one day and snowing the next. Let me know if you have any specific questions on the area.
    sigpic

Comment

Police in Wyoming are amazing...

I worked at F.E. Warren AFB for years, and of the three L.E. Depts (Cheyenne PD, Laramie Co. Sherriffs, and WY State Patrol), I rarely ever saw anyone even stopped for a traffic ticket. It is an incredibly laid back atmosphere with relatively little crime; not too big or small, within driving distance of Denver (app. 100 mi.) and mostly friendly people. If ever I decide to leave this beautiful and amazing state, I would not rule out Cheyenne again; only problem is that the average wage is a little low for my taste. If you don't mind the relatively mild winters (but always windy conditions) then it is a nice place.
      "It's not how far the shot was; it's how close you were able to get."

--Jeff Cooper

Comment

Thanks for both of your inputs. I am considering taking a deferred early retirement from the feds and going out west. I have travelled all over Wyoming and like it very much. True the pay is not that great by Northeast standards but I'm being taxed to death in NJ, not to mention my Philadelphia wage tax. Time for a change!

Comment

Ah yesss...

Originally posted by FedIG
          Thanks for both of your inputs. I am considering taking a deferred early retirement from the feds and going out west. I have travelled all over Wyoming and like it very much. True the pay is not that great by Northeast standards but I'm being taxed to death in NJ, not to mention my Philadelphia wage tax. Time for a change!
          Gotta love those East Coast taxes....

The last time I was in New Jersey was at Ft. Dix. That was enough.

Go west, young man!!
          "It's not how far the shot was; it's how close you were able to get."

--Jeff Cooper

Comment

You might look into Casper PD also. I know prior to me leaving they were hiring and I believe starting pay was in the 40's, which is not bad for the area. Then again, you are much more isolated. As Cerber said, Cheyenne really is a great locale. I was not a big fan of Cheyenne or Wyoming, but the location was excellent if you like to get out and do things. Denver 100 miles south, have Yellowstone to the north, Las Vegas is like 8 hours away, etc...

Cerberusdog: You still in the military? You stationed at Elmendorf?
            sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5879 users online. 322 members and 5557 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X