Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manstown
    replied
    Where casual attire. You will see all kinds of outfits there. But be safe and where business attire. I wore khakis and a button down shirt when I took it. There were people there in jeans and tee's and some in suits. No requirement there unless they changed it. If they did, it should specify that on the test date paper they mailed to you. After the test your are done. I think it took about 2 weeks to get the results, maybe a little less. You will then be notified from there by phone when they want you to continue the process. It could take 6 months, it could take 18 months. I was hired in 9 months and a buddy of mine in my academy class was hired after 18 months. I do know they want to hire quite a bit. But what they want and what they get money for are two different things. Just know that you won't be doing traditional police work. Alot of security work for about the first 3 years. After a year probation you can apply for a specialty when they become open, but likely won't get picked up by a specialty for about 3-5 years. Some do get lucky though and it could happen sooner, but that is unlikely. Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• BravoSVO
    replied
    For those of you who took the USCP test

What did you wear to the test? Did you just take the test and leave or was a quick interview conducted? thanks

Leave a comment:

• Chiller
    replied
    I for one am hoping to get the call from Capitol Police here in the future. Every job is what you make it but USCP has a ton of stuff to get into. Dignitary Protection seems like it could be fun,specially if ya like to travel around.

Fingers are crossed here

Leave a comment:

• BigPat
    replied
    I think if you read this and other forums you will see a lot of posts from officers in certain Federal police agencies with complaints about boredom, lack of authority, and being treated like glorified security guards. I have specifically seen a lot of posts from VA and DOD police and employees of other "protection" type Federal LE agencies where they complain about the job. I am by no means trying to bash these agencies or the people that work for them, I am just saying that it seems that these agencies put a lot of restrictions on what their employees can do.

I don't think that the original comment was that far off the mark. I do think he might have overgeneralized a little - it seems like some Federal agencies with "police" in their name (U.S. Park Police, BIA Police, FPS Police, I'm sure there are others) are very LE oriented and seem to be well liked by their employees. Again I am not trying to bash the employees of any agencies, I am just saying if you read some threads on this and other forums you will see employees of these agencies making the same comment themselves.

Leave a comment:

• CBP1895
    replied
    You know what's funny, all these people that downplay Fed L/E are the same people that wish they had that job. If FED LE was so bad then why do these agencies get so many applicants. People constantly bash my agency but yet thousands are dying to get in. IMO FED LE is not as high speed or enforcement oriented as local or state but the job is what you make of it. You might be at some cushy Airport one minute but next week , if need be, you could be at southern land border slugging it out with a port runner or getting shot at by drug smugglers.
    Last edited by CBP1895; 10-19-2005, 09:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyGirl233
    replied
    Yet again, valid comment from someone who is NOT in L.E. field, nor has experience, nor has ANY idea, what they are talking about.

But Tink, since you are so "smart" riddle this one, if they are security guards as you CLAIM, then why bother sending them TO FLETC down in Georgia???

Leave a comment:

• BLSDADDY
    replied
    I began to put my two cents in but never mind.... WOW!!!

Leave a comment:

• Tinkertoys
    replied
    Originally posted by ud22206
    I am SS POLICE and I guard the same peopleas your friend. And so does USCP and NSA Police and CIA police etc. Get your facts straight. You obviously have a problem with federal police for some reason but you clearly came to the wrong place to voice yours or your SA friends opinion.

I have a problem with federal police? I have nothing wrong with them, it is a Special Agent's opinion, as I said before. Not mine, maybe he has a problem with the Uniformed division? Maybe vice versa? But, and this is not intended to be offensive, is it not Special Agents who actually guard the President 24/7, I mean EVERYWHERE, not just the premises.

-tink

Leave a comment:

• ud22206
    replied
    news flash

I am SS POLICE and I guard the same peopleas your friend. And so does USCP and NSA Police and CIA police etc. Get your facts straight. You obviously have a problem with federal police for some reason but you clearly came to the wrong place to voice yours or your SA friends opinion.

Leave a comment:

• manstown
    replied
    Originally posted by Tinkertoys
    For the record, The agent in question is MY friend, and I am only stating his opinion, not mine.

-tink
    That is fine. I am just saying you should know about agencies first hand before you go and put things out there. People will take offense to what you post, especially when you post what your friend says and he doesn't have that good of an idea of the operations. Just looking out for ya.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkertoys
    replied
    Originally posted by manstown
    Let me clear this one up.

Tink,

I am with USCP, and it is what you make it. There are those that except the job and want to be in that security guard mode. They can be lazy but that is what they want from the job....fine by me. Then there are those that go and take the initiative and do REAL police work. What you may not know, is that we have a patrol division that does make quite a few arrest daily. As well do other of the Federal "police" departments. USCP has a Division of agents that does the same as your USSS friend. Our intell division is among the best in the business, good enough that agencies like USSS, FBI and so on consult with them. Again the job is what you make it.

In case you haven't figured it out, it is best to speak from what you know, not from what a friend of a cousin who knows a USSS agent tells you. You will get responses like those above. You can say what you want about it, it doesn't bother me, but there are people on the forum that may take offense to it. And to those that do, I mean no ill feelings and I don't speak for them.

For the record, The agent in question is MY friend, and I am only stating his opinion, not mine.

-tink

Leave a comment:

• manstown
    replied
    Originally posted by PPDMO373
    Well, I know a few people that would disagree with that statement....including myself.
    Let me clear this one up.

Tink,

I am with USCP, and it is what you make it. There are those that except the job and want to be in that security guard mode. They can be lazy but that is what they want from the job....fine by me. Then there are those that go and take the initiative and do REAL police work. What you may not know, is that we have a patrol division that does make quite a few arrest daily. As well do other of the Federal "police" departments. USCP has a Division of agents that does the same as your USSS friend. Our intell division is among the best in the business, good enough that agencies like USSS, FBI and so on consult with them. Again the job is what you make it.

In case you haven't figured it out, it is best to speak from what you know, not from what a friend of a cousin who knows a USSS agent tells you. You will get responses like those above. You can say what you want about it, it doesn't bother me, but there are people on the forum that may take offense to it. And to those that do, I mean no ill feelings and I don't speak for them.

Leave a comment:

• PPDMO373
    replied
    You're still missing the point, he didn't say his job was to be a security guard. He said again, that fed agencies with "police" in their name are little more than security guards. got it?

-tink

Well, I know a few people that would disagree with that statement....including myself.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkertoys
    replied
    Originally posted by FutureLE
    Okay little boy, dont come on here and talk down to me. I was simply making a statement.

Your statement said you had a friend who was USSS SA...So most people with a brain would assume your making a statement based on what he said, Right?
    You're still missing the point, he didn't say his job was to be a security guard. He said again, that fed agencies with "police" in their name are little more than security guards. got it?

-tink

Leave a comment:

• FutureLE
    replied
    if you had read my post on the original topic, it regarded Fed agencies with "police" in their name: work with me and spell this out: United States Secret Service. Police in there anywhere? No, okay.

-tink

Okay little boy, dont come on here and talk down to me. I was simply making a statement.

Your statement said you had a friend who was USSS SA...So most people with a brain would assume your making a statement based on what he said, Right?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3213 users online. 169 members and 3044 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X