300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amtrak Police?

I just came across an ad for Amtrak Police in Los Angeles. Never heard of this agency... Does anyone have info on them?

The first thing I noticed was that the pay is low, about $31,000/yr. (vs. $50,000 with a city police agency).

Are they federal or quasi-state police?

What, if any, limitations do they have to deal with: i.e. do they have CCW, is their jurisdiction restricted to rail property, are they not full-time peace officers, do they have to have special academy training pre hire...?

Any info is appreciated...
    Focused Recruit

Amtrak=Train

www.amtrak.com
    "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Jesus
    Matthew 11:28

Comment

I have a quick question do you have to have previous experience as a police officer?

Comment

Originally posted by kimura7
        I have a quick question do you have to have previous experience as a police officer?

Nope, not required

Comment

i submitted my resume to amtrak police in Dc about 6 weeks ago. I havent heard anything since. Has anyone tested with them or begun the process for DC???

Comment

Originally posted by shamrock12
            i submitted my resume to amtrak police in Dc about 6 weeks ago. I havent heard anything since. Has anyone tested with them or begun the process for DC???

DC needs people ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by shamrock12
              I would call one of their HR departments, preferably the one where you applied. It could be possible they did not receive your resume, being that I think you have to at first apply online?
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

best kept secret

I am a Special Agent for one of the countries largest freight railroads. As far as I am concerned, Railroad police,(not to be confused with transit police)
                is the best kept secret in Law Enforcement. I have GREAT pay,benefits,work schedule and get to handle real police calls. This is Not Security guard work by any means. I am responsible for all my calls from start to finish, I make my own cases and arrests. I have met some Amtrak cops during my time, their work is a little different than mine. If anybody is looking for more information please reply by personal email.

Comment

Originally posted by sposhcop
                  I am a Special Agent for one of the countries largest freight railroads. As far as I am concerned, Railroad police,(not to be confused with transit police)
                  is the best kept secret in Law Enforcement. I have GREAT pay,benefits,work schedule and get to handle real police calls. This is Not Security guard work by any means. I am responsible for all my calls from start to finish, I make my own cases and arrests. I have met some Amtrak cops during my time, their work is a little different than mine. If anybody is looking for more information please reply by personal email.
                  I sent you a personal message.

Comment

i sent one to.

Comment

In California, railroad police officers are commissioned by the Governor and have police powers under state law. Their primary mission is the enforcement of the law in or about properties owned, operated, or administered by the employing agency or when performing necessary duties with respect to patrons, employees, and properties of the employing agency.

Their authority extends to any place in the state for the purpose of performing their primary duty or when making an arrest as to any public offense with respect to which there is immediate danger to person or property, or of the escape of the perpetrator of that offense. They may carry firearms only if authorized and under terms and conditions specified by their employing agency.
                      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by sposhcop
                        ************************************************** *****
                        my step-dad retired from the B&O, chessie system, ( csx) police
                        as a Lt chgo div.......
                        yr right...best kept secret.....but the only drawback....
                        is they have no provision for early retirement, railroad retirement is age 60...
                        when i hit 25, i'll be 48...and can make that choice.....

chicago & western indiana railroad
                        indiana harbor belt railroad.....( my 2 previous )

www.schackdaddy.com
                        " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                        " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Bnsf

Has anyone heard anything about BNSF railroad police dept. Are they a good agency? I have applied for the patrolman position in Seattle and would like to get as much info as I can.

Comment

I did the online application a couple of days ago, I did them for Chicago and Indiana, I live in a town with an Active Amtrak Station, wish I could just sit here and work.

Does anyone know what the reward points listed with some jobs at Amtrak are?

About BNSF, I used to work in a county and we had a LT. with BNSF stationed there. He did not appear to do much, spent a lot of his time down at the Park ranger headquarters.
                            Last edited by purdinpopo; 11-07-2005, 10:13 AM. Reason: forgot something
                            Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Comment

Amtrak Police officers are full fledged Peace Officers in the State of CA. They drive marked police vehicles, make car stops, affect arrest, etc... There main concentration is railroad property however as peace officers they can act anywhere in the state. Another neat thing about RR Police is that under FC 207 as long as they are commissioned in one state their commission carries over to any state. This stems from the interstate travel of trains. Yes, their pay scale is low. There is a new Chief at APD and she is working on this problem which is a nationwide problem. If you have any questions I suggest who call Sgt Brenda Breeden in LA @ 213-683-6824. I am sure she would be happy to answer any questions you have.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3970 users online. 250 members and 3720 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X