300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentagon Police Vs Metro Transit Police and some other questions

Greetings...just wondering what r the pros and cons of working for these two depts. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any1 know what is the stand of most depts for officers to be in the National Guard? I just recently reenlisted for another 3 years. Will this hinder me from getting hired with LE's now (within the next couple months) because i have a commitment to go to a 5-6 month school or possibly longer if i'm required language training, within the next 12 months?

The downsides are that i have no college as of yet But i plan on taking EMT classes soon. Im also 5'8" 145 lbs. not a very imposing looking officer haha. Most ppl don't even suspect me of being in the army much less a LEO.

As said before, any comments/advice/tips will be appreciated. and thanx for reading a long post.
    Last edited by zeroashram; 03-07-2006, 07:39 AM.

umm

i would rather work for pentagon police.. metro transit has a really long training you probably wouldnt be out on the street for at least a year from applying, simply because you have to be certified in all three jurisdictions(dc,md,va).. nothing against metro transit they are a good department i just would rather go federal... pentagon doesnt have alot of action but they get paid well and training is only 12weeks in GA. just my 2 cents...

Comment

I dont know to much about Pentagon but I just finished the process with Metro Transit and they are really fast. Yeah the academy is like 9 months long but after that they told me you can get as much overtime as you want and one of the officers guaranteed me that unless I was very lazy I would make at least 60,000 my first year out.

Comment

Originally posted by Preeseason
        I dont know to much about Pentagon but I just finished the process with Metro Transit and they are really fast. Yeah the academy is like 9 months long but after that they told me you can get as much overtime as you want and one of the officers guaranteed me that unless I was very lazy I would make at least 60,000 my first year out.
        From start to finish...how long did it take you to finish the process?

Comment

Originally posted by zeroashram
          From start to finish...how long did it take you to finish the process?
          It took 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Preeseason
            It took 2 months.

These guys do move fast...I'm in the process now..they are looking to hire at least 25 officers ASAP
            Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller
              These guys do move fast...I'm in the process now..they are looking to hire at least 25 officers ASAP
              hell...tell them to hire me then

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5895 users online. 328 members and 5567 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X