300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Your Professional Opinions

Hi. I'm new to this site and appreciate any advice you can give me. I've recently resigned from the airline industry and want to start a new career. What is your truthful input as to how old is TOO old to start in an academy. Certain agencies won't hire over a specified age. I don't want to go through the academy on my own expense and then not get an offer. Thanks alot for any advice. P.S. I live in Florida--dont' know the market that well.

I am 35yo and am hving no problems moving thru any applications as of yet.

Maryland/DC area though

GL to ya
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Had a guy in my academy who was about 65 years old(no kidding) he outran half the guys in class. it really depends on your PD and how good of shape you are in. Ive got a friend with Alexandria, VA PD who started when he was 40.
      Remember that our job is hearts and minds...two in the heart, one in the mind!

Comment

You are in a good state to start, Lots of Departments looking for cops, if you can pass the state mandated physical agility test, then you are probably good to go. Had a guy in my academy that was 58, he was retiring from a full time national guard job.
        Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all of your input. I'm going to go ahead and pursue it. Wish me luck!

Comment

Good Luck

Originally posted by FLSKY
            Thanks a lot for all of your input. I'm going to go ahead and pursue it. Wish me luck!

I do wish you luck. But man, I'm really glad I started when I did. I'm in my mid 40's, and I'd hate to be starting now. But hey, that's me. Best of luck.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3246 users online. 206 members and 3040 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X