300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Area Ca Depts questions

Hello guys, i have been a visitor to this board since 1998 and have just recently became a member and started posting. My questions tonight are regarding my backround, and chances of becoming a Police Officer. My problem started when i had just turned 18, i was convicted of CA PC 311.11 and CA PC 272. Basically this is a contributing to the delinquency of a minor charge and possesion of content of persons under 18 engaging in or simulating sexual conduct. Ok now wait, before you judge, let me give you a little more backround on me. Other than a few traffic violations and subsequently license suspensions, i have no criminal history. 1998 i was hired as a volunteer at a local county sheriffs office and worked there untill 2002. Since then i have worked security and have had no problems. There are several things i would like to hear your opinions on. Ok, so the story on the conviction. Long story short, really short. When i was still a minor, (Under 18 here in Ca) my brother and i had taken several topless pictures of our then next door neighbor who was 13. Fast Forward to when i have turned 18, the pictures had been developed and were in the possesion of my brother who was showing them off, and at the request of the girl, i had taken them and stashed them. Fast forward some more, the pictures were found my some girls that were illegally looking through my things and turned in. Arrest, crappy public defender, and conviction. Sentence is 10 days community service, $150 fine, 3 years informal court probation, and counseling. Well i am now nearing the end of my probation and will have sucesfully completed it.

So my questions are this, 1)since this is my first offense, does it ever go off my record, or can i get it erased or expunged? Not sure? 2) Below i have listed a quoted version of the CA PC codes i was arrested for, i really think they had a weak case on this because half of the offense was commited as a minor, so can this help at all? Since this is all after the fact, im not sure what there is i can do. My last question is, after i am finished with my probation, do you think enought time has passed (3 years) to begin applying to departments and be able to completely honest about everything and not feel like im wasting my time in the backround dept? in my time since conviction i have taken POST certified Pc 832 classes and level 3 part 2 class in hopes of being a reserve. Any help/questions and or comments are greatly apprecited. i am willing to talk in private if anybody is so inclined.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3870 users online. 151 members and 3719 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X