300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Washington DC area...need a job!! HELP

I am moving down to the DC area, actually Andrews Air Force Base. I am a law enforcement career minded person, Ive been through a police academy and have an associates in CJ from Michigan. I am wondering if any of you guys have any advise on finding a job down there in the DC, Virginia, Maryland areas? Would it be wise to try to get on a reserve unit until I find a full time sworn position? If so, do you guys know of any reserve units that do patrol duties? And last but not least....WHAT DEPARTMENTS ARE HIRING????
    "Americans sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Any area around DC is expensive, so shop around. The further south in Va you go, the cheaper. The further North you go in MD, the better. I cannot comment about any MD departments, but for the Va. departments in northern virginia/DC, Try:

Fairfax county police-good pay and a lot of toys
    Prince William county police-good pay and retirement
    Wahington metro airport police-Really, a good department! lots of perks
    Arlington PD
    Va state police
    Alexandria PD
    US Secret service uniform
    FBI Uniform
    Pentagon Police

Let your fingers do the walking, google search each department, I beleive you will find that all of the above departments are hiring! Thatss only a small list of agencies, there are a lot. Average starting salary in that area is 45,000 or so...give or take a few. Remember, look for a good place to live that is reasonalbe.

good luck
    Nobody, I mean nobody makes Sheriff Bufford T. Justice look like a possums pecker.

Comment

Prince George's County is also hiring a lot of recruits as is DC Metropolitan Police. I am in process for both along with Fairfax County and Montgomery County. I know there are a lot of people that can provide insight, including myself, of the processes for these departments.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3167 users online. 151 members and 3016 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X