300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Oral Board

While I don't post here alot, I used to. but I just thought I would share that I passed my first oral board for an agency, that's close to home. While not my first choice, its a pass. I was sitting 5th pre oral board and 7th after. So I was to happy with losing two spots, is there any way to better prepare for oral boards?
    Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves - Confucious

congradulations

well I have a lot of experience in conducting oral boards, I have been taught that the first impression is extremely important. You need to be clean shaven well groomed and a tic tac would not hurt, because when you are across the table from a prospective employee you dont want to spend much time talking when his breath can make a buzzard gag. First thing is eye contact and dont sit unless they asked you to. When you answer questions it is not always what you answer but how you answer, try to limit your response to two or three sentences, but do this with some energy. I know people say that you dont have to wear a suit and tie. My thought has been when someone comes in looking sharp I think they care enough about this job and I start to look at them a little harder. This in and of itself does not get them to pass but it starts them on the right foot. When you are being questioned by the board always look the person in the eye. (not a ill beat you up if you dont pick me but an attentive "youve got my attention " look) These are just a few tips I hope this helps.

Comment

thanks, I have another test and hopefully another oral board in a month so I'll do some more research.
      Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves - Confucious

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4823 users online. 294 members and 4529 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X