300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.B.I vs. City Police

I know the F.B.I gets all of the high priority cases that relate to National Security, kidnappings, ect. But besides having Jurisdiction over the whole U.S. instead of just a city or a state, what other perks does it bring. Here it says that the starting salary for an F.B.I Special Agent is $42,548 and Here it says that a Police Officer in the city of Santa Ana, CA makes $63,336-$89,820 ( without overtime ). Now, are the benifits/retirement package better through the Federal Govt. or what? You would think it would be the other way around, Fed's making more money.

the fed's or f..b.i. have a different mission from city police, sheriff or state police, they focuss on a specific number of federal laws they can arrest on.

but have no power to enforce any state law's un less given the power
    bytheir local sheriff or state police.

the fbi are educated detective type, and not street cop's or street smart,
    and if they develop street smarts...it takes a while
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was mainly focusing on the salary fact though.

Comment

The thing you have to consider when looking at salary for feds (1811) is LEAP and locality pay, these can nearly double the base salary depending on the location. Local guys get what we get.
        "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

As far as I know, Feds are usually paid more. Depending on the agency. In average they will be making closer to 50-55k a year starting or within the first couple years. This is due to the uncontrollable overtime they are paid. I can
          Last edited by NEXTYEAR; 09-28-2005, 09:03 AM.
          "Those who are undisciplined are held back. Those who are disciplined are allowed to go forward."

Comment

For any F.B.I Agents in here or anyone with direct knowlegde of the hiring process: Which of the following would the F.B.I rather hire?

1. A person with a Masters Degree in Criminal Justice.

2. A person with a BS in Criminal Justice and a few years as a Police Officer.

3. A person with a BS in Criminal Justice and 4 years in the United States Navy as a Master-At-Arms. Doing Law Enforcement/ Anti-Terrorism duties.

Comment

Originally posted by SR-25
              For any F.B.I Agents in here or anyone with direct knowlegde of the hiring process: Which of the following would the F.B.I rather hire?

1. A person with a Masters Degree in Criminal Justice.

2. A person with a BS in Criminal Justice and a few years as a Police Officer.

3. A person with a BS in Criminal Justice and 4 years in the United States Navy as a Master-At-Arms. Doing Law Enforcement/ Anti-Terrorism duties.
              From the agent's I know...

...they prefer a degree, be it Masters or Bachelors in fields other than Criminal Justice.
              sigpic

Comment

Hey, FWIW, you can buy back 4 years of your military time if you go to a CalPers dept, since you mentioned Santa Ana, arguably one of the best departments in the state. They get about as much OT as they want and are guaranteed a weekend day off, even rookies.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/
                "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5388 users online. 316 members and 5072 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X