Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I were to decline a conditional offer...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were to decline a conditional offer...

My question: If I were to be given a conditional job offer with one department; and I decline; would that make me look bad in the eyes of my number one choice?
    The scenario: I just took the written test for a local suburban deparment yesterday (Saturday, Sept. 24). Actually, it was a joint test for 2 dept. that work closely together... The department that I am less interested in is looking to send 3 candidates ASAP to the academy (by Jan, '06). The one that appeals to me more is looking to send 1 candidate...no time frame given.
    This is the first test I've taken. I will also be testing with 2 other departments by the middle of October. Also, hopefully in Chicago....if and when they ever decide to issue the test (ever ever ever again!!). Ideally I would like to be hired in the city...but if there's no test coming up soon--I am not sure if I can wait.
    So, if I declined in Da 'burbs, and, if Chicago (or my other preferred department)were to get wind of it, does that hurt me? Might it help that a suburban dept. was interested in me?

I can't imagine why declining a position with one department would have a negative effect on getting on with another department. A lot of fortunate officers are in the position to where they can choose which department they want to work for and for a department to blackball you just because you chose to work for them and not the other is kind of silly if you think about it.

The way I see it they would take it as an indication as to how badly you want to work for them.
    "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Jesus
    Matthew 11:28

Comment

Thank you gentlemen. That is what I was hoping to hear!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3322 users online. 211 members and 3111 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X