Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how bad would my father's history hurt me?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how bad would my father's history hurt me?

I've read a bunch of posts on here about departments asking for parents names and SS#'s and whatnot. My question is, how does my parent's past effect me?

This is why I ask. About 20 years ago, when I was 6 my father got arrested for possesion of controlled substances, needles, with intent to distribute. AND he was a CO. But I've been completely clean my entire life except for 1 traffic ticket 10 years ago when I was 16. I learned from my father's behavior and knew I never wanted to be like him, hell he is one of the main reasons I want to get into LE.

Im sure they will find this out on background checks, so how bad will it hurt me?

Thanks in advance

As long as your upfront about this, I don't see why it could hurt but make sure to explain the situation when asked
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

yeah I've got no problem with explainiing it. Honestly it was a life changing event. It illustrated to me what happens to a perfect family when drugs get involved. Taught me how drugs could rip apart lives. It definately turned me into the man I am today

Comment

I seen applications with that on it,....
        along yr brothers and sister's
        who you dated and when

all sorts of non pertinent stuff,

mine was......job history
        ...................criminal/driving
        ..................list 3 references
        thats it..

www.schackdaddy.com
        " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
        " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

I am estranged from my father. Would that be something they would consider? We had a rather ugly falling out. Since I worked for him (throughout college) I had to list that job. If they call him and speak to him, he is going to bash me to pieces....do BI's give you a chance to explain the situation? Or do they just take the bad news with a grain of salt and form their own opinions? It didn't come up on all the applications I've put in, but I am sitting on one that asked about family.
          Testing Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by Vmax
            yeah I've got no problem with explainiing it. Honestly it was a life changing event. It illustrated to me what happens to a perfect family when drugs get involved. Taught me how drugs could rip apart lives. It definately turned me into the man I am today
            Like mentioned before, be upfront about and also explain your feelings like you have done here. Remember, you are not your father. You learned at a young age watching his mistakes and have been committed to lead a more positive life for yourself and your family.

Comment

I forgot to mention this......I have 1 half brother and sister that are total loser dirtbags( in and out of prison lots of times,bro got a dishonorable for stealing weapons) but have been very upfront about it and have had no problems at all...helps i haven't talked to either for 10+ years though
              Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3124 users online. 143 members and 2981 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X