300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida departments that will put you through the police academy

Hey sorry about the long title. I was wondering if anyone knew which departments would put you through the police academy. The areas I am considering are Orange County, Seminole County, Hillsborough County, and Pinellas County. I was thinking about applying at Tampa, Orlando, Pinellas Park, and Clearwater. If anyone can add to my list please let me know. Also if anyone has any opinions about these departments feel free to let me know as well. Thank you.

You'll have a much easier time getting hired if you self-sponsor yourself thru the academy at one of the local community colleges in the counties you mentioned. I'm in now at Hillsborough, and the only people guaranteed jobs at academies end are the 4 or 5 Tampa PD recruits. The rest of the class (25 people) is all self-sponsored. Agencies just dont seem to be hiring non-certified people much. Once in awhile Hillsborough SO will hold a class of their own. Not sure about the other agencies you mentioned. Good luck

Comment

Last edited by LEO968; 02-16-2012, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Orlando, Winter Garden and Orange county sheriff and corrections sponser. None in Seminole sponser that I know of that pay a decent wage. Casselberry (in Seminole) did sponser but paid like $9.00/hr.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Good Luck. I have been loking to head south for a yr now. I have been a police officer in Indiana for about 3 years now. That too is my biggest problem (finding a place that will sponsor you through) St Pete will, but nobody has anything good to say about that depart. Tampa will not. Hillsborough will when they have their's one or twice a yr. Collier Co will great depart. from what I heard but hard to live in the area on the pay. Lee CO will. Miami will. Orlando will heard they are a good depart. as well. Hope this helps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6089 users online. 325 members and 5764 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X