Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFPDorBUST
    replied
    My original post included a long story about how I had to take a treadmill test, and since my chest is so hairy, the electrodes wouldn't stick, so they shortened the duration of the test which ultimately helped me. I didn't receive one response to my post, so I figured people were either freaked out by a hairy person, or the post was too long to read. Ergo, I deleted the whole story.

Leave a comment:

• rodeo
    replied
    well wishes

I am not sure about your condition but I think if you give one hundred of your efforts that is all you can do. God bless you and fare thee well...

Leave a comment:

• sotzo
    replied
    lol ya... I was thinking the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• awisecup
    replied
    Originally posted by SFPDorBUST
    Finally, my hairiness pays off... .
    I don't like to post my opinions here very often; but damn.....
    What does your thread title have to do with the price of tea in China?

Leave a comment:

• SFPDorBUST
    started a topic Finally, my hairiness pays off...

Finally, my hairiness pays off...

I was told last May that I would be accepted into the SFPD on one condition: I have to take and pass a treadmill test because of my history of asthma. So, for the last several months, I've been training and training for this test. I took it Thursday, and passed. I don't think there are any other obstacles in my way from getting into the academy. Who knows, though, the police physician may still say I didn't do well enough on the test, or he might have me repeat it.

Has anyone else out there had any difficulty getting into a department because of their asthma? What kind of test did you have to take, if any? I had to take what's called the Bruce Protocol Cardiac Stress Test, and was required to get through stage IV of the test.
    Last edited by SFPDorBUST; 09-18-2005, 03:13 AM. Reason: Too long

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3074 users online. 167 members and 2907 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X