300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE Jobs Out of College

I am recently out of college and was looking to get into law enforcement. I have been looking at different departments and angencies. What would be a good place to start in the law enforcement field. I'm interested in the air marshalls and border patrol, but I also have looked at Amtrak PD. I have checked their websites and Amtrak for example says 1-5 yrs experience, but I don't know if this includes school. If anyone knows if these agencies normally take people right out of college it would help me out a lot.

Originally posted by jking
    I am recently out of college and was looking to get into law enforcement. I have been looking at different departments and angencies. What would be a good place to start in the law enforcement field. I'm interested in the air marshalls and border patrol, but I also have looked at Amtrak PD. I have checked their websites and Amtrak for example says 1-5 yrs experience, but I don't know if this includes school. If anyone knows if these agencies normally take people right out of college it would help me out a lot.
    Amtrak PD is hirin g in NYC now.

Comment

I graduated in Aug. of '04. I've applied with 2 departments so far and still going thru the hiring process. There are a lot of agencies that will put you thru the academy esp. in the northeast. Just look for places you want to work and apply. If they say no, pick some place else.

Comment

Originally posted by jking
        Most agencies will hire you if you meet the required critieria, meaing passing all the required steps to get hired even if you don't have a "college degree". Now what Amtrak means by experience, is current LE experience, not counting college....so all you need to do is apply and see where you get in the process. Good luck.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

apply,apply,apply....take as many tests as possible. the more test-taking experience the better. don't limit yourself to just a few depts.

Check the papers,websites, etc. and find out who is hiring in your area, and start taking tests!!

Alot of agencies, especially larger ones, will hire someone w/ no experience!!

Good Luck
          ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

I will graduate college this December and have been given 3 conditional offeres on my first 3 departments. Granted these are all large departments (over 1500 sworn) but I have zero experience. The main thing is, obviously, your background, work history, etc. etc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5224 users online. 251 members and 4973 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X