300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BI for top secret clearence

just wondering if those of you in fleo could shed some light on the subject of time length for these BI's. i just passed the screening process with the CIA SPO just this past week. poly, med, psych all checked out. then i had two investigators contact me. one is doing my hometown references and my primary who is handling current employer and the people i pal around with now. is it normal to have two guys doing this? they called me less than 72 hours after i passed the screening. the one investigator in my hometown stated that it looks like the agency wants this done quickly. is that a good sign? and when they say quickly how long will the adjudication process take? any help would be great. thanks for everyones time.

ps. sorry if there are any spelling mistakes. im in a hurry.

Background

when I had my OPM BI done it took about 2 months, they talk to freinds, former employeers ect. OPM will only do a phone interview on a land line, no cell phones so that slowed things for me at least. I had investigators from the FBI, OPM, Secret Services and IRS contact people I listed. be ready to wait. mine was for the National Park Service so I would guess/ hope the CIA is a little more strict

Comment

Originally posted by ParkLE
      when I had my OPM BI done it took about 2 months, they talk to freinds, former employeers ect. OPM will only do a phone interview on a land line, no cell phones so that slowed things for me at least. I had investigators from the FBI, OPM, Secret Services and IRS contact people I listed. be ready to wait. mine was for the National Park Service so I would guess/ hope the CIA is a little more strict
      now the no cell phone thing is crazy...i can name at least 10 of my friends who only have a cell phone...I'm included in that group of not having a landline in my house...

Comment

so far the cell phone thing hasn't slowed anything down. the BI has wanted cell numbers over any landlines that i know. says its the only way to get a hold of someone now. but thanks for the input. ill keep my fingers crossed and hope it only takes 2 more months.

Comment

I was invesigated for Top Secret clearence for Marine Security Guard duty two years ago and went through all the same process as far as them calling friends and family. They even called people back home in FL that I didnt even list as a reference. Anyways I just got everything adjudicated and read in. The CIA Im sure takes priority since there is only one government contractor that handles security clearences if it was only 72 hours from interview to the time they began investigating it wont be long at all. The fact that the CIA wants this done as soon as possible can only mean that they want you to start working as soon as possible which is good since it costs a sh$t load of money to process a security clearence. Like I said it took mine 2 years.

Comment

thanks for the input.

Comment

Security Clearance BIs can take anywhere from 3 weeks to years like some guys said. I've been through a couple different types. I'm guessing CIA would probably want you to have a TS-SCI clearance which is a pretty big deal. Your BI depends alot on how your prepped your contacts and did your questionaire. It also depends on how much of a mess you are in your past life. If they have to chase down six pregnant girls or 25 credit card companies that want you dead... your in for a rough ride!!

Good luck!!! and remember... big brother is watching you now!!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4331 users online. 185 members and 4146 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
              X