300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• future le officer

Last edited by joeyboy; 02-12-2012, 08:48 PM.

joyboy

Any misdemeanor is serious, but some can be overlooked.

Comment

Any DOMESTIC is serious even just an arrest w/o conviction will probably ban you, a DUI is NOT serious, I should know. Any drug arrest is probably serious enough for a DQ. Most departments follow a basic serious, not serious format thing. Contact a recruiter for any place u wanna work and ask the source...
      Good Luck E
      I got nothing for now

Comment

Anything involving violence or drugs is considered serious at my agency. Something like underage poss of alcohol is not considered serious.

Comment

Originally posted by joeyboy
          what is considered a serious misdemenor?
          "Serious Misdemeanor: Maximum jail term not to exceed 1 year; mandatory fine of at least $250 but not more than $1,500."
          Following offenses are considered serious misdemeanor(s):
          1. Operating While Intoxicated (OWI) (First Offense: Serious Misdemeanor, Minimum 48 hours in jail and $1,000 fine ($500 of which can be waived if there was no personal or property injury), maximum 1 year in jail and $1,500 fine).
          2. Theft--The severity of the charge and its resultant penalty depends on the value of the goods or money stolen. (Fourth Degree: Serious Misdemeanor, Value of property between $200-500, Minimum $250 fine, maximum of no more than one year in jail and $1,500 fine)
          3. Burglary--The severity of the charge and its resultant penalty depends on whether there were people in the occupied structure or whether the defendant possessed a weapon at the time.
          4.Indecent Exposure: Serious Misdemeanor, Standards--exposing one's genitals to another or commits a sex act in view of a third person with the intention of arousing one's self or another, or knowing that the act would be offensive to the viewer, Minimum $250 fine, maximum of no more than 1 year in jail and $1,500 fine.
          5.Domestic Assault, now with this one here's kicker. Serious Misdemeanor: Visible injury (cuts, bruises), Minimum 48 hours in jail and $250 fine, maximum one year in jail and $1,500 fine.

and yes dangit I paid attention in law classes at the academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1796 users online. 100 members and 1696 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X