300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Police!!

Once again!! anyone here currently in the hiring process with the CPD???
    Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
    Romans 12:12

There are a few here. I am with the CPD you need to know something?
    "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

I received an email from a recruiter months ago that stated CPD was gonna have their writtens sometime this November. Pedro, have you heard anything on this? The site hasn't been updated in over a year and it seems CPD recruiters aren't returning emails lately.

Comment

As soon as I hear that they are hiring or testing I will post it up on the site.
        "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

info

Hey, I am a NC LEO trying to get info on Chicago. Im not sure when CPD is going to open test, but I was wondering if anyone can offer any advise for an out of state officer. Does chicago do testing over a long period of time or do they allow out of state persons to do combined testing to save multiple trips down to chicago. Also are out of state people encouraged to apply or are they like boston that wants to keep out of staters from becoming cops in there territory?? Finally where in chicage can you live?? is it only downtown or are there suburbs to live in that are livable, affordable, and comfertable?? any help would be great. I am extremely excited about the possibility to work in a large city, any help would be great. THanks
          www.officerdownbracelets.com
          R.L.T.W

Comment

Hey Bluezy,
            Can't help you on when the test is or about combined testing. CPD is quiet on announcing test dates. I live here, have been talking to recruiters, am on the mailing list for test info and have still heard nothing...only rumors about a test in November.

On the other hand, you can live anywhere within the city limits from what I understand. (Pedro, correct me if I am wrong.) There are definitely affordable and livable areas in the city that are not in the downtown area. I am in a 2 bedroom on the northwest side (Logan Square) that goes for $800.00/mo (no heat). It is about 1100 ft^2, 12ft ceilings, enclosed back porch, full basement with storage, W/D. I have no parking issues and Da 'hood isn't too bad (just don't wear the wrong colors). I like it better here than in Roger's Park (on the north side, by Lake Michigan).

Comment

Originally posted by WantItBad!
              Hey Bluezy,
              Can't help you on when the test is or about combined testing. CPD is quiet on announcing test dates. I live here, have been talking to recruiters, am on the mailing list for test info and have still heard nothing...only rumors about a test in November.

On the other hand, you can live anywhere within the city limits from what I understand. (Pedro, correct me if I am wrong.) There are definitely affordable and livable areas in the city that are not in the downtown area. I am in a 2 bedroom on the northwest side (Logan Square) that goes for $800.00/mo (no heat). It is about 1100 ft^2, 12ft ceilings, enclosed back porch, full basement with storage, W/D. I have no parking issues and Da 'hood isn't too bad (just don't wear the wrong colors). I like it better here than in Roger's Park (on the north side, by Lake Michigan).
              Hell, you can't even wear the right colors in some hoods.

If I was to be a cop in Chicago, I'd end up living out by Stickney (midway area). Downtown is out of the question on a civil servant's salary.

Comment

That's funny Serpico, funny and true! I can't even walk down the street without some jack*** honking and asking if I'm dating....sad....
                I like the northwest side, though, because it is close to all my favorite spots in the city. True Stickney is within the limits, but who the hell wants to be way on one side of the city. It's affordable there, but personally, I like living more centrally.
                Bluezy, my apartment, if it were in the downtown area would be about $2000/mo (after we fixed it up like we did).

I just looked on the city of chicago website (www.cityofchicago.org) and look at the left side of the screen for "Find out about city employment." Then look again on the left side of the screen for I Want To... apply for a job online." Register there and look for available jobs. I am assuming (I know, I know....just assuming) they update that more frequently than the CPD website. Hope that is helpful!

Comment

Cpd

THanks for the info, I am still waiting to here when they are opening the hiring, but it sounds like everyone is waiting. I definately don't want to raise my family in the hood, so living on the other side of the city may be a better option. Does sanyone know anyhting about the academy? Is it a live in?
                  R.L.T.W

Comment

Cpd

hey, I wanted to finish my post, but I had to cut it short last time. I am new at this forum and getting used to the process of posting (sorry). If my posts seem a little jumbled it's because of that. My concerns with CPD have nothing to do with "will they assign me to the hood?" I could car eless where I get assigned, my concerns are more of where can I live with my family somewhat comfertabley (sp?) on the current starting salary. WHat is the financial assistance offered for house buying, what suberbs can I afford to live on at $50,000 a year? (what are the names of the suberbs so I can look at them on the internet. How are the school systems in that area, what benifits are offered (the website is not specific). What is the insurance policy offered, medical insurance premiums for a family of 3 (how much a paycheck). How much is union dues? How strong is the union. Are there take home cars? what other incentives are offered to police, what are the sifts (8-10-12?) rotating? etc etc etc
                    R.L.T.W

Comment

if yr coming from north carolina, and you do get hired...

trust me yr gonna get a baptism under fire.....

hopefully with urban re newal programs,

the chronically unemployed and depressed area's

will see a lotta people back to work, if ya have idle people

doing nothing all day, they resort to robberies, drug dealing,

then all the other attached social ill's.

I spent my teenage yrs...working district 6 for a family business
                      and spent adultood....from...china town to the indiana stateline
                      inthe hood workin for the railroad,...along with having eyes un the back of yr head,yr better have some street smarts...or they will try ya.

www.schackdaddy.com
                      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Cpd

I appreciate the advise, however NC does have it's depressed areas, urban sprawl gang problems, drugs, and generally bad people that don't like the badge or uniform. I am sure I would get tried, not really a concern of mine right now though...why worry about a problem that has not presented itself. My philosophy is train train train, keep your head on straight and never think anything is routine. bad mojo can happen anywhere, not just in the big cities. But I appreaciate your advise anyway, I just don't worry about that getting tried on the job, if I did that, I wouldn't be in this line of work and I certainley would not want to work in CPD. thanks
                        R.L.T.W

Comment

Originally posted by bluezy
                          I appreciate the advise, however NC does have it's depressed areas, urban sprawl gang problems, drugs, and generally bad people that don't like the badge or uniform. I am sure I would get tried, not really a concern of mine right now though...why worry about a problem that has not presented itself. My philosophy is train train train, keep your head on straight and never think anything is routine. bad mojo can happen anywhere, not just in the big cities. But I appreaciate your advise anyway, I just don't worry about that getting tried on the job, if I did that, I wouldn't be in this line of work and I certainley would not want to work in CPD. thanks

All due respect, walk down 18th & Racine and see how it compares to NC. I'm sure NC has some ghetto areas but the Chi is like nothing you've seen. Trust me, I thought Chicago was the most ghetto area until I worked out on the South Bronx and Jamaica, Queens. Point is, you'd be surprised how bad an area can actually be.

Comment

serpico,

if ya know where ' robbins' illinois is....suburbia the hood.....

used run around the midway area as well,

after h.s i ran a gas station at archer ave and lotus ave
                            just east of central.( think a dominicks grocery store is their )

long run, glad things worked out.....2008 i collect my bag of peanuts...!
                            the roller coaster ride has been a good one for sure...!
                            " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                            " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by Serpico
                              All due respect, walk down 18th & Racine and see how it compares to NC. I'm sure NC has some ghetto areas but the Chi is like nothing you've seen. Trust me, I thought Chicago was the most ghetto area until I worked out on the South Bronx and Jamaica, Queens. Point is, you'd be surprised how bad an area can actually be.
                              hey, Im not trying to get into a which is worse area, Im sure we could compare cities all day long. My point was basically you can get shot anyhere. Not...my city is cooler than your city. Keep in mind that there are scum everywhere. Also keep in mind that NC has the 2nd largest MS-13, SUR 13 problem in the US, and our meth problem is beyond exploding. There are areas in NC that are as ghetto as it gets (I say this having lived in NY, New Orleans and philly) I could name streets off to you in Charlotte that are beyond bad, but who cares cause thats not why Im writing...Im am simply trying to get help finding out info on CPD becasue my wife and I want to move there and where wondering what areas we could afford on a police salary that is "somewhat comfertable? I kinda took exception to Ftlauderdale's post becasue he implied that I have no idea what I am getting into....that makes no sense since he doens't know where I have come from. I didn't pick this line of work because it's safe...I picked it becasue it's who and what I am, and I want to be the best at it...period!!! I also would love to get help from people who have experience in CPD either applying or actually in it. I am hoping that pedro can shed some light on the questions I have asked.
                              R.L.T.W

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5085 users online. 305 members and 4780 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X