300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broward County FL.........

Anyone know if they are hiring? Already Certified.
    Revenge is for the weak minded individual!

http://www.sheriff.org/about_bso/adm...ails.cfm?pk=35

I think it's continuous, give em a call.
    It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

As I understand it.. They are always hiring, cert or not, good guy or bad.. whatever... They are just hiring..

It's luck of the draw, no apparent set plan or agenda
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

I haven't been seeing the BSO hiring posters on the county buses lately, but just earlier today I saw one on a bus for Ft. Lauderdale Police. I hear they are actively recruiting.

Comment

broward county sheriff and fort lauderdale pd

i am from chicago and I just flew down to fort lauderdale 3 weeks ago for the oral interview. Here are the departments who need people. Broward sheriff,fort lauderdale police department, hollywood police , miramar, davie, margate, . if you really want a job, lauderhill police is hiring but they pay only $12 hour while your at the academy and you will work strictly in the ghetto.

i flew in from chicago and interview with the fort lauderdale police department. I have a clean background and I didnt seem what the problem would be hiring me. The captain(female) asked me about my job history. i worked for alot of temporary services and i moved around alot because my wife was in the military. I had got divorced and move back home with my parents. Well the captain said that i shouldnt have left my jobs. I have too many. I told her again the jobs were temporary services and they just assign you when they have jobs.. basically she didnt understand the difference and held this against me... i feel like i was discriminated against. what do u thinki should do in this case? one of the police officers in the hallway told me i should probably get my degree even though its not required. he said that would show i commited to something and i can use that as leverage when they look at my job history. can anyone help me ..

Comment

Originally posted by michaelbaio
            i am from chicago and I just flew down to fort lauderdale 3 weeks ago for the oral interview. Here are the departments who need people. Broward sheriff,fort lauderdale police department, hollywood police , miramar, davie, margate, . if you really want a job, lauderhill police is hiring but they pay only $12 hour while your at the academy and you will work strictly in the ghetto.

i flew in from chicago and interview with the fort lauderdale police department. I have a clean background and I didnt seem what the problem would be hiring me. The captain(female) asked me about my job history. i worked for alot of temporary services and i moved around alot because my wife was in the military. I had got divorced and move back home with my parents. Well the captain said that i shouldnt have left my jobs. I have too many. I told her again the jobs were temporary services and they just assign you when they have jobs.. basically she didnt understand the difference and held this against me... i feel like i was discriminated against. what do u thinki should do in this case? one of the police officers in the hallway told me i should probably get my degree even though its not required. he said that would show i commited to something and i can use that as leverage when they look at my job history. can anyone help me ..

"A lot of jobs" like how many? If I may ask, just curious. It's within the last 10years that they look, right?

Comment

background on jobs..

all the way back to the age of 18 years old. i am 27 now. if i had a degree it would of helped me... oh well

Comment

Originally posted by michaelbaio
                all the way back to the age of 18 years old. i am 27 now. if i had a degree it would of helped me... oh well

I'm the same age, I have had like 10 jobs....started at like a pizza place and ended with 3 large corporations.

Is 10 a lot?

Comment

Excessive Jobs

Being from up north, it is common to hold many types of jobs, especially when you are assigned. Most of the Florida agencies have recognized this over the past few years, that is why the employment section on the application is getting fatter. They shouldn't hold this against you as long as you were a good employee and not terminated or a time abuser. Many B.I's may not like to process someone like you because it is a lot of leg work. The easiest way is to help yourself out. Have all of your documentation in hand, and answer you questionaire honestly and to you ability. If you help them do the leg work, they will look at you more positively, remember, most of the departments down here have a small background investigations department and many of the B.I's have multiple cases to process, not just police, but civilians also. Help yourself by helping them. If they still frown on your excessive job history, then apply to another agency. Here in Florida there are many good agencies to work for that will hire you. You just have to shop around. Also, don't get frustrated, most agencies will work with out of state people during the processing and back ground phases, remember they need people, so sell yourself.

Comment

Went through the BSO hiring process a few months ago. It's pretty messed up. PM me if you want more info.
                    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5476 users online. 323 members and 5153 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X