300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To many agencies at one time?

Im going through the hiring process with one now but was wondering if I should try two others at the same time. I want the one im going through right now the most. One of the other two is big in Training which I like. I just dont know if it could hurt me trying out for multiple agencies.

I am in the process of applying and testing for three departments. All have testing on different days so it will work if all three need me to come back for psych, poly, etc.

At times I feel it's going to be a lot. I want nothing more than to be an LEO, so I'll try out with just about anyone willing to give me a shot. I do have my limits based on population, force size, etc, but still...

Don't know if that helps you at all!

Comment

Putting in for a few is not a bad idea. You have to increase your chances and many in the LEO field know that. Here is the catch, if your applying to three, four, five ..... not a real big deal. Shows your trying to get on as a LEO. When the question comes up ..."Why do you want to join the 'Happy Police Department'?" and it will, don't set yourself to be bombed by saying, "I have always wanted to work for the HPD and would love nothing better." An interview panel will already have your app and know your looking elsewhere. Be honest and let them know why you want to be a LEO.

If your putting in for 30 different agencies then maybe your over fishing and that may be to your detriment. Check into what departments are hiring in your area and HOW they hire. Pick the one you want and a few you could live with and that will benefit you.

Comment

I defintely agree, putting in for a few agencies at once is fine. There is alot of competition out there (college degrees, military, experience, etc.). Increase your chances.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6110 users online. 364 members and 5746 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X