300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maryland Officer to PA Police

I was wondering if anyone knew the transfer policies of going from Maryland to Pennsylvania. I know I would have to take the PA Crimes code classes at the academy, but would I have to take the entire PA Act 120 academy.

Thanks

I do not believe that you have to take the entire Act 120 class. We just had a guy hired here in PA who previously worked in Hagerstown, MD. To my knowledge all he had to do was take a refresher course like you said on PA Crimes Code and Vehicle Code Laws and any other differences and he was then certified in PA.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Comment

Thanks, I am not a LEO yet but am planning on moving to Maryland and applying with departments down there. My fiance, eventually wants to move back to PA when we would have children, that is if she does not like it down there.

If anyone else has any input, it would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Comment

I dont have an answer but you can contact the state cert. board which is Municipal Police Officers Training and Education. or MPOETC for short, you can probably contact them via the state website.
        http://www.mpoetc.state.pa.us/mpotrs/site/default.asp
        I got nothing for now

Comment

If you get a straight answer, plz. let me know.. I'm from Florida now in PA and can't get nothing from Harrisburg. I spoke with Chief's in the area and they told me about the crimes and maybe a few other things, no biggie.. Harrisburg (the big daddy in the picture) says that the Chiefs don't know what they are talking about and that they have review your standards and "they'll get back to you." Well.. After 10 months and having my local Congress guy get on the bandwagon; still have nothing to show for it.

So if someone comes up with a basic clear answer... Please pass it along... Because I just can't see people outside PA being treated like crap.
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Originally posted by dannmann1050
            If you get a straight answer, plz. let me know.. I'm from Florida now in PA and can't get nothing from Harrisburg. I spoke with Chief's in the area and they told me about the crimes and maybe a few other things, no biggie.. Harrisburg (the big daddy in the picture) says that the Chiefs don't know what they are talking about and that they have review your standards and "they'll get back to you." Well.. After 10 months and having my local Congress guy get on the bandwagon; still have nothing to show for it.

So if someone comes up with a basic clear answer... Please pass it along... Because I just can't see people outside PA being treated like crap.
            Question. Why are you having you "congress guy" get on the bandwagon? They are not going to help you get hired somewhere. PA is a very competitive state to get hired in and most departments only hire you part-time so they don't have to pay for your benefits, etc. And then some only give out applications when they are actually hiring. I would, if you are thinking about Maryland, go apply there. But the Congress deal...?? Explain that one, I would love to hear what you want to accomplish there.
            "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

The reason for the Congressman to get involved is to get around the BS in Harrisburg.. It's a stroke job the give to out-of-state LEO's...
              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Originally posted by dannmann1050
                The reason for the Congressman to get involved is to get around the BS in Harrisburg.. It's a stroke job the give to out-of-state LEO's...
                Bro, that is not going to get you anywhere exceot not to get hired and possibly blackballed. Harrisburg is a tough department, almong with many other PA agencies. With you only being certified in FL, that does not exclude you from going through the same red tape as any other applicant! I would strongly urge you to back down with the whole congressman ordeal, they have better things to do. And one thing is, if you are not even a resident of PA yet, they can not assist you in anyway.
                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

It had nothing to do with Harrisburg PD. I am refering to the State Capitol and the certification process itself thru MPOTEC. Plz. do not be so quick to advise on something you don't know about. I never once mentioned Harrisburg PD or any other agency for that matter.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Irishlad,

Why the hell do you care. If the dude wants to get a Congressman involved to get around the crap, then so be it. I'm sure he's a big boy and he can realize what may happen. That's the problem with these forums, people are quick to criticize instead of the intended purpose of the forum, which is help others out.

Manstown

Comment

Pa. would waive out of state training. You have to be hired in Pa. as a police officer and your department would request the waiver. You would then have to take crimes code/vehicle code class (approx 2 weeks) and pass a certification exam.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2788 users online. 155 members and 2633 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X