• Show
Clear All

• jnhdrac
    replied
    Charlotte allows them.

Leave a comment:

• KCCO
    replied
    Winston used to not allow tattoo's to be visable...that has changed. Tattoos are allowed to be visable now.

Leave a comment:

• karpaasi
    started a topic Tattoos and NC departments

Tattoos and NC departments

Hi all!

Like many of you, I am trying to work my way into the LE field. Several years ago I was hired by a state patrol agency out west, but decided that it was not the right opportunity at the time. I actually started the academy and left about a month in. Growing up on the east coast, I wasn't willing to be that far from my family. Don't ask me why I didn't figure that out prior to accepting the offer. It was the right decision however, I have no doubt about that.

Anyway, upon moving back home I was DQ'ed from a municipal agency after completing the initial interview, physical test and voice stress analyzer (for the record I passed all three). I think it was due to the fact that I have visible tattoos, although I would have no problem wearing a long sleeve shirt year-round. What was shocking to me is that the state patrol knew about my tattoos and could care less...

Which brings me to my question. I am looking at agencies in my state, NC. I do think I have several qualities that would make me a good candidate, including a Bachelors and Masters degree, great physical fitness, good analytical skills and a good head on my shoulders, good credit, no prior criminal or driving record, good work history, good references, etc. However, I'm afraid that my tattoos (though they are not offensive I have visible tattoos on my right arm), are going to be an issue. I am trying to find out if any of the big agencies in NC (Raleigh, Durham, Greensboro, Charlotte and Winston-Salem) have policies regarding hiring someone with tattoos and/or policies about their visibility in uniform? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I already know that NCSHP wears longsleeves year-round.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5138 users online. 307 members and 4831 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X