300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take home car

The county that offered me a conditional job offer has a take home car policy.. I dont want to call them up and ask about the policy(I dont want to sound to confident about getting the job)...But I am curious how it works if you dont live in the county?

I live about 45 minutes from the main headquarters, and different times from the other stations..

Any thoughts?(I know no one can answer for my specific dept, but what about yours or those you have heard about?)

Thanks

I think with 99.99% of agencies with take homes, if you do not live within the limts of that agency, in your case the county in which you work for... then the car is parked at the station and you drive your POV to and from work.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZGXtreme
      I think with 99.99% of agencies with take homes, if you do not live within the limts of that agency, in your case the county in which you work for... then the car is parked at the station and you drive your POV to and from work.

Thanks sucks, I would hate to have to move to take advantage of it...MOVING SUCKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLE
        Thanks sucks, I would hate to have to move to take advantage of it...MOVING SUCKS!!!
        Well, in addition to being more cost efficient departments also use take home programs to place more cars on the street or out in the community to show a presense. Really does them no good to show a presense in another jurisdiction.
        sigpic

Comment

Our agency is take home in the county. Fortunately, we are smack in the middle of the county, so it benefits many officers. There has been talk about restricting it in the future to living in the city, for the newer officers coming on board. Especially with the gas prices.

Comment

Teake homes are usually offered instead of better pay but not always. The benefit to the department is they use you to and from work etc.

Comment

Here in Indiana almost all LE have take home cars. State Police, State Excise, and most Sheriffs Depts include personal use (off duty) too.

Comment

Our big issue now is gas prices. The politicians are talking of cutting the program or limiting it if the prices continue to climb.

Comment

I'm not sure where you are in the south, but in my dept, if you live in the city or county (I work for a city pd) you can take your car home. If you live outside the county you have to park your car somewhere within the city limits and drive your PV to where you leave your patrol vehicle.

Comment

Take Home Vehicle

My advice is that you contact your prospective agency and ask them their take home car policy. You do not have to give them your name. Some agencies require you to live within the juristiction, while others don't. In Florida, most Sheriff's Departments will allow you to reside and have a take home car as long as you live within (2), counties north, south, east, or west. Each agency is different. Some will charge a higher fuel charge for those who live outside your county. call you prospective agency and inquire within.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4691 users online. 260 members and 4431 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X