300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida DOT MCCO law enforcement???

Can anybody here give any insight into the hiring of this agency?

Any personal experiences?

Anything outside the realm of their hiring but about them?

The website provides so little, it gives all the standard stuff but does not really go in depth. These guys are few and far between so its not like I can just stop one on the street and talk to him whenever I want. I usually go weeks without even seeing one of their vehicle's on the road.

Originally posted by BayCityBrawler
    Can anybody here give any insight into the hiring of this agency?

Any personal experiences?

Anything outside the realm of their hiring but about them?

The website provides so little, it gives all the standard stuff but does not really go in depth. These guys are few and far between so its not like I can just stop one on the street and talk to him whenever I want. I usually go weeks without even seeing one of their vehicle's on the road.
    go here
    and check out the thread titled "DOT/DEP Hiring" it has a lot of good info about DOT and what they do

Comment

Cmon people, there has to be more out there with insight into FL DOT.

Comment

If your near I-75 or 95 you should be able to find a weigh station and ask. They are also dispatched by FHP. If you dont mind working around trucks and buses then thats the job for you.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I'm near I-75 but there is no weigh station for at least 2 hours north or south from where I'm at that I know of. The only one I know of is on I-4 about 45 min. away. I'd rather not come to their place of work and ask them about their opinions on their agency. Besides I don't know how candid they would be anyway, thats why I'm trying the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by BayCityBrawler
            I'm near I-75 but there is no weigh station for at least 2 hours north or south from where I'm at that I know of. The only one I know of is on I-4 about 45 min. away. I'd rather not come to their place of work and ask them about their opinions on their agency. Besides I don't know how candid they would be anyway, thats why I'm trying the forums.
            Hey BayCityBrawler what I've heard about FL DOT is they start making 30,000 a year they are like mechanics with guns. They check trucks and buses. They check the brake pads on trucks and payloads if they weigh in at a different weight then there manafest says you have to check the truck and the payload. I heard they dont get alot of raises like FHP they work hand and hand with FHP. There arent alot of them if you like to work alone and on the highway and you like to get dirty. They also have to go under truks to check for the mechanical mechinisms some thing like that. I spent 1hr talking to a DOT Ofc. one day. I told myself no way I would do that job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6119 users online. 337 members and 5782 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X