300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my letter of DQ

Yes, I was DQed for what reason I dont know. The letter states based on a thorough evaluation of the processing steps you have completed, we are unable to consider further your application for employment with DFW Public Saftey.

I dont even know what was on my record. I should have read the fine preint about only experienced LEO officers wil be considerd. Oh well life goes on, I wil try to find out what happen and seek advice from this forum.

thanks

AMG
    MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

sorry to hear that but keep trying dont give up!!!
    Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
    Romans 12:12

Comment

man brother... that sucks...
      did you make it through the entire application process???
      if so then chances are there were more qualified applicants... no big deal...
      heres my story, and i hope it influences you to pursue law enforcement further...

i applied to be a virginia state trooper... the word on the streets from a recruiter were this: 4000 applications were recieved from this one particular academy set for august, 25 2005, only about 65 would be chosen for the position... however all 4000 applicants did not test. some were rejected based on incomplete applications and auto disqualifiers etc etc...
      sooo with all that said, i managed to make it past the application process... however the cards were stacked against me big time... i had no college experience, i had no prior law enforcement experience, and i was never in the military...
      however i still made it to the end of the application process... from what LT said, "i should be proud that i made it this far and that only 3% make it this far."
      i replied to him with "Sir, im sorry, but i do not take pride in failure, and thats exactly how i am taking this... i did not make this academy and i consider that failure on my behalf." then he explained to me how competitive the application process is and that if i had one of the 3 experience listed above then my chances of making the academy would have been about 20 times better...

after being denied for a second time, i figured there was no way in hell i was going to become a police officer, but i put in one more application...
      well i went through the entire application process and i am now an employee for the city of Chesapeake!!!!! Chesapeake is my current place of residence, and i neglected the fact that my chances with a city department may have been better... but i went for the gold, which in my opinion is the virginia state police... ive come to the conclusion that if i want the gold then im going to have to take steps in order to gain that gold, and for now i will have to just take this in stride, and who knows i may enjoy being a city officer.
      my first day at the academy is monday the 29th, and i could be happier im sure, but hey, gotta crawl and walk before i can run
      Last edited by VAsteve20; 08-25-2005, 06:49 PM.

Comment

AMG,
        Keep on trynig. Many people have tried 12 or more time before they got on a department.

VASteve, that is one motivating story man. Congrats and let us know how the academy goes!!!
        Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

Thanks for the enlightment

Im clueless at this point about the entire deal.

I am going to contact them and find out the reason.

I am looking at Arlington, I meet all the requirements needed.

I will update in a few....................
          MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3293 users online. 155 members and 3138 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X