300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper atire for a polygraph

What kind of clothing should you wear to the poly, I was thinking a suit jacket, tie and dockers.
    abrooks

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ress+polygraph
    What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

Suit and Tie, polished shoes. Its a job-business interview. They watch everything you do from walking iun to talking, handshake, clean shaven, short neat hair. Blah blah blah. Good luck E
      I got nothing for now

Comment

Foil hat and undies.

-Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by kaiden
          Suit and tie for all contacts with the PD. Especially if you are an applicant. Suit and Tie, no excuses.

A friend of mine showed up in shorts and a t-shirt to turn in a birth certificate he left out of his package. Long story short...... he never heard from his background investigator.....his file is burried in the "To do when hell freezes over" list......

I'll disagree a tad on this......( I am not an LEO yet)....Sometimes for us working at other jobs a suit and tie for a quick drop off visit is impossible because we have to go back to work( work in construction industry so changing isn't an option). I have not had any issues dropping something off in jeans and a collared shirt. Shorts and T----wouldn't do that for sure

Suit and tie to the poly definately
          Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Don't matter ..... If you lie that is

Comment

When I took mine, they told me to dress causal, so unless then told you, suit and tie all the way. BTW good luck to you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by abrooksa
                What kind of clothing should you wear to the poly, I was thinking a suit jacket, tie and dockers.
                I would say any type of meeting with the agency, with the exception of the physical, suit and tie. You would be surprised at what people wear to interviews, etc.
                "Life should be a mission and adventure, not just a mere existence"

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice looks like a suit and tie .
                  abrooks

Comment

Re

Sure thing, abrooks,

I've always looked at it this way... not only are you representing yourself, but you will be representing your prospective employer/agency as well. I want them to think that if I'm hired, I will do so in a professional manner at all times when wearing the uniform. Good luck on your polygraph.

Gil
                    "Life should be a mission and adventure, not just a mere existence"

Comment

I guess the LAPD makes it pretty easy... They gave me a sheet with all my appointment dates laid out, and next to each date box they gave a dress code. For medical exam, it said "casual/sneakers". For interviews it said "business attire", which meant suit in my eyes. For the poly it said "business casual", so I wore nice slacks, polished shoes, and pressed collared long sleeve shirt.

During the medical exam a couple guys wore full suits, while I was wearing pressed dockers, nice polo type shirt, and comfortable business shoes (coming from work). The female medical examiner didn't waste any time making me strip to my skibby's, because she had to do EKG, breathing, and physical examinations. In this case, I would think not paying attention to the dress code would be frowned upon, since removing a suit takes more time than the medical examiner has.

On Tuesday I have the psychological interview, which is my final step before certification. You can bet on the fact that I will be wearing my finest suit
                      Yes I'm a LEO... but I do no care enough to go through the trouble of changing the screen name.... sorry

Comment

Originally posted by kaiden
                        Suit and tie for all contacts with the PD. Especially if you are an applicant. Suit and Tie, no excuses.

A friend of mine showed up in shorts and a t-shirt to turn in a birth certificate he left out of his package. Long story short...... he never heard from his background investigator.....his file is burried in the "To do when hell freezes over" list......
                        One time my bi called me and asked me to stop by out of nowhere, and I told him I was at the gym and would need to go home and change, but he said don't worry about it just c'mon down. It really made me nervous though.

As per the poly, a friend of mine warned me ahead of time to wear a shirt and slacks. He made the mistake in going in in a running suit because the polygrapher said to dree comfortable.Thank God he warned me or I would have probably made the same mistake.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5300 users online. 303 members and 4997 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X