300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Co PD

Can anyone tell me more about the Denver Co PD. I am thinking about applying there and was wanting to know how things were with the Denver PD, ie pay, shifts things like that!

This topic has come up many times. Do a search of the site and you will get plenty of info. Or you could check DPD's website or call a recruiter.

Comment

i know their under a federal watch because of multiple unjustified shootings and their turn around rate is unreal.

Comment

Do a search. I just moved from Wyoming and remember hearing some reports of an incident with one of their officers earlier in the year. Guess he was off duty and saw a house on fire. He put himself in harms way and entered the building to search for anyone trapped. In the process, he obtained some injuries and in return the agency said he was on his own as far as medical bills. Guess Denver County SO is only corrections and they stated he was out of his scope of duties

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...478330,00.html

Just re read your thread and see you mentioned Denver County PD, not SO. So not sure if the above applies to the agency you are talking about.
        sigpic

Comment

Their 'turn around' rate isn't unreal, they are a large dept with a lot of oldtimers who are now retiring. Not that many DPD cops leave for other agenceis. They are presently looking at hiring about 160 officers next yr, but the Chief wants about 260 more.
          It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

Originally posted by mz248
            Actually they haven't had one shooting where the shooting was ruled "unjustified" by the district attorney's office. They are also not under any sort of federal watch. You should check your information before posting.
            the federal watch thing was something that was passed down from our security manager in an email sent out to security advisors in the area for general law enforcement news.. but it was like earlier last year or something.. not quite sure. So I think I had already checked my information there sport. either that or i just misinterpreted the email. either way.. i dont remember too well.

Comment

well i can tell you this about denver pd, what a bunch of ****** at the civil service commision. I am a more than qualified federal police officer with 8 years on, have had no iad cases, and have above average performance evals, jave had tons of terrorist training and other types of training that should be of interest to them. I was not hired because I was not voted on by the commission, what a load of crap! Anyway their loss.

Comment

Hey, hope your doing well. I also am looking to transfer to the Denver PD and would like some inside information abou the PD, such as pay, lateral requirements, morale, environment, or what ever may help. Thanks alot. Take care.

Comment

actually im not arrogant, im just a little ****ed. I work for a federla agency that has patrol, CID, SWAT, INTELL, THREATS, BIKE PATROL, ETC. , ETC. I tried to process as a lateral but half way through they decided to change their policies. Anyway, their loss not mine!

Comment

Denver PD

The turn around is unreal and don't anybody tell you otherwise. My buddy went through the first phase of testing, and they called him 10 months later to then "start the backgroud". My other buddy who works for Boulder PD had two friends get accepted as laterals just to have their class cancelled due to lack of funding. Denver has a "Rule of three" where they take three apps at a time and vote. They can take all, one, two, or none. Don't get me wrong, I'd want to work for them, but not to start anything on this board but Denver is looking other than white males. City council is ****ed that they are no hispanic female Lt's and they failed to reach the hispanic goal of 14% in one academy class for the year and all hell broke loose. A few years back this issues crept up and it was revealed that former navy pilots and all sorts of excellent people were turned down, when people like ellis johnson were hired. For those of you who don't know, Ellis was hired after being turned down by something like 26 other police agencys, and quite a drug history and this all came out. Needless to say he failed out of FTO.

Like I said, they have great guys and I even attended the last SWAT school they put on, but its a mystery/crap shoot to get hired.

Comment

If you want metro Denver, then Aurora PD is the place to work... I'm going to hopefully lateral there once I reach me 3 years...
                      "I have learned to love that which is meant to harm me, so that I can stand in the way of those who are less strong. I can take the bullets for those who aren't able to."

"Violence Is A Language Gangs Understand"

Comment

Originally posted by nov0798
                        well i can tell you this about denver pd, what a bunch of ****** at the civil service commision. I am a more than qualified federal police officer with 8 years on, have had no iad cases, and have above average performance evals, jave had tons of terrorist training and other types of training that should be of interest to them. I was not hired because I was not voted on by the commission, what a load of crap! Anyway their loss.
                        Attitude is everything.
                        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

The dept is a mess, think seriously before committing to DPD. There are many, far better deparrtments.
                          It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

Denver

Well I live in Denver.. tested for denver.. they werent exactly organized lol.. but anyways.. Broomfield is good.. lots of other citys are good around here..longmont, loveland, etc.. but good luck if you do try denver! Written test is very easy.. just be careful on the video scanarios

Comment

Denver PD

I'm going thru the process with DPD now. I tested last month. The academy that was scheduled for July 31 has been pushed back to September 25. My background investigation is being done now. Everything has to be in to the commissioners by Apr 24. I should be hearing something around mid-June. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5187 users online. 296 members and 4891 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X