Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not selected for Sheriff's Department - Can I find out why?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not selected for Sheriff's Department - Can I find out why?

Yeah, I just found out today that I will not be in the Maricopa Cty. academy. Not cool.

I wonder if they can tell me why I didn't get hired. I thought I would be at the top of the list (I guess everyone thinks that ).

I just don't want to keep applying to departments if I have zero chance of getting hired.

I have the following...

BEST PT score (no one even close)
    Very good written test score 92/100
    6 Years Honorable Discharge, USAF
    Decent background - I could explain everything "wrong"

I passed the polygraph and I thought I did well on all the tests.

I wore a suit, was well mannered, respectful, and very professional each time I had to be there for testing.

I am not sure where I went wrong (which is why I want to know before I keep applying).

Oh well.

Looks like waiting tables and ASU for the next 4 years (exercise science I guess).

Someone, or more finished higher and were better candidates probably. Or the Political monster reared its head and you were overlooked for a more prominent person's kid.

Don't fret, just keep plugging away. Good people get turned down, but eventually find their way in.
    What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

I am not sure how many people there were better than me, but I hope that is the case. Hopefully they will tell me why so I don't keep wasting my time applying to different places.

I remember signing someting that told me they didn't have to tell me why I wasn't hired.

Comment

Originally posted by JML65
        I remember signing someting that told me they didn't have to tell me why I wasn't hired.
        Most times, you won't be told... or you'll get a generic answer like, You don't fit what we are looking for at the moment.

If you were real bad, be sure they'd tell ya
        What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

JML,

Hey, I'm a DO for MCSO and have a lot of buddies who made that Deputy academy starting Monday. Basically the majoroity of that class is DO's... Sheriff Joe likes giving the DO's the opportunity to get on with his sworn team rather than leaving. Dont give up.

Comment

Not ALL MCSO. There are other agencies including Salt River and Scottsdale starting on Monday. Orientation was today.

JML: I don't know you, but I've followed your posts and whatnot. I will say, and I don't mean to be offensive, that many of your posts have had a strong tone. Particularly in reference to your PT scores. As you know by now, high PT scores aren't the be-all and end-all of LE. Because you can run faster and do more pushups doesn't make you a better candidate. Again, I don't know you, but perhaps it's an attitude issue that's coming through to the people involved in hiring. Maybe your psych profiles are coming back not suited to the LE profile. Maybe it's something else.

The common denominator here is you. If you were able to create any sort of relationship with one of the BIs, perhaps you can get him/her to offer some advice.

Again, my intention is not to offend, just offering a thought or two. I wish you luck in achieving your goals.
            d

Comment

Originally posted by Blatant
              Not ALL MCSO. There are other agencies including Salt River and Scottsdale starting on Monday. Orientation was today.

JML: I don't know you, but I've followed your posts and whatnot. I will say, and I don't mean to be offensive, that many of your posts have had a strong tone. Particularly in reference to your PT scores. As you know by now, high PT scores aren't the be-all and end-all of LE. Because you can run faster and do more pushups doesn't make you a better candidate. Again, I don't know you, but perhaps it's an attitude issue that's coming through to the people involved in hiring. Maybe your psych profiles are coming back not suited to the LE profile. Maybe it's something else.

The common denominator here is you. If you were able to create any sort of relationship with one of the BIs, perhaps you can get him/her to offer some advice.

Again, my intention is not to offend, just offering a thought or two. I wish you luck in achieving your goals.
              d
              excellent reply...
              i too followed some of his posts...
              there is such a thing as over confidence, and it may just be the reason why he was denied.

now, with that said and out of the way, how many people did they plan to hire?
              how many people actually completed the application process?
              what did the application process consist of? PT, written exam, bi, and poly are not the only steps in the process...
              you mentioned your background and how you obviously had to explain portions of it...
              what was it that you had to explain if you dont mind me asking? i would bet your answers to your questions of "why" are right there.

better luck next time.
              Last edited by VAsteve20; 08-25-2005, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Alot of people don't get hired right away. Go take some more tests.
                For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

"BEST PT score (no one even close)"

Maybe practise being humble on your oral board...?
                  It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5243 users online. 298 members and 4945 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X