300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harford Co. Md. Sheriff's Dept

I'm applying to them, and was just wondering what the department is like, how many will be hired, and the length of the process? I did see a few recruiting billboards, even in Pa., so I'm assuming the number will be substantial. Anyone here taking the exam? Thanks in advance.
    "Life should be a mission and adventure, not just a mere existence"

I took the test about 4 months ago. It was the same test given that I took with the Maryland Park Police. I overheard another individual state that he took the same one when he tested with Montgomery County Police Dept.

If you have never taken the test, they give you about a book to study, for about 15 minutes. You pass it back in then take the written test. I got an 84 on the test. Missed the same stupid questions when I took it before.

The Dept seemed okay. After you took the test they took you in a room in groups of 10 or so. They passed out a background packet the size of the yellow pages. Then they had a training officer there from the Academy go into his tirade about getting in shape, being to slow on runs, and so on.

You have about 10 -15 days to do the background packet then you have to take it back to the jail and have a photograph and prints taken. I pulled out because I was going on a much deserved vacation, and could not get my packet in on time, that and I caught Camden Yard Fever..

Good luck taking the test.

Comment

Thanks, Rugger

Thanks for your reply, Rugger..I'll definitely give it a shot for sure. I tested with Mont. Co. a few years back, but did not score high enough.
      "Life should be a mission and adventure, not just a mere existence"

Comment

I got the Harford County Sheriff's Office Physical and Written tests this friday, anyone else attending?
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3915 users online. 180 members and 3735 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X