300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy NCIS

Does anyone know anything about the NCIS? I've emailed them and they won't tell me what GS level you start at. And what are the chances of going overseas? I think I read awhile back on their site that you stay in one area for 7 to 9 years but want to verify that. I have kids and don't want to be moving around alot.

They are trying to hire 600 additional agents. Now is a good time to try to get in. Moving around depends on the budget. They use to move everyone every three to five years then they ran out of funds and to save money decided to stop moving people around. Now, it is possible to stay in an area but you may have to volunteer to go out on a Air Craft Carrier for a year and then go back to your old assignment. You can get in as an 11 or 12 based on your experience. This is a pretty good start. It is the Navy though. You may have to serve over seas. So far there have been enough people volunteering to prevent those who do not want to go over seas from having to go. There are some who have been "asked" to go. Those are the chances you take when working for the Government. Hope this answers most of your questions. I'm not NCIS but I just talked to my buddy today who is and asked him some of your questions.

Comment

Are NCIS agents considered Federal Law Enforcement Officers with jurisdiction restricted the Navy/Marine Corps Personell? Or can they assist with/combat any serious crimes they come across even if they are not Military related?

Comment

Guys,

Monday nights, there is a show on called NCIS. It is what these guys do. If you go to the web site you can get more information. It is a very good agency to get in with. They are 1811's, criminal investigators, just as any other agency. Again, it is a good agency. If you have your degree, I would highly recommend you send in an application.

If you do good luck.

Manstown

Comment

Originally posted by SR-25
          Are NCIS agents considered Federal Law Enforcement Officers with jurisdiction restricted the Navy/Marine Corps Personell? Or can they assist with/combat any serious crimes they come across even if they are not Military related?

NCIS has jurisdiction on military installations and over military personell and their dependents. They are also responsible for intelligence on terrorism and such.

According to the handbook that they give to prospective agents, if an NCIS agent takes police action or uses his firearm in anyway not related to their mandate, the agent assumes all liability. The exact quote is:

"If an agent engages himself/herself in a situation outside of the scope of employment, regardless of duty status, he/she acts as a citizen without the sanction of the NCIS and assumes ensuing legal liability."

Comment

Originally posted by WIcop302
            Does anyone know anything about the NCIS? I've emailed them and they won't tell me what GS level you start at. And what are the chances of going overseas? I think I read awhile back on their site that you stay in one area for 7 to 9 years but want to verify that. I have kids and don't want to be moving around alot.

They won't tell you the starting level because headquarters determines what level an agent starts at on a agent to agent basis. Depending on education and experience, you'll be hired anywhere from GS-7 to GS-9.

Your chances of going overseas are great. All prospective agents sign a mobility agreement. According to their recruitment literature, duty assignments are first filled by volunteers and then if agents are still needed, the agency will assign who ever they deem qualified.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3380 users online. 222 members and 3158 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X