Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hillsborough SO & Tampa PD

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Gomets I recieved the same message from my BI, after I e-mailed her. Good luck on the next selection. I'll be checking this thread regularly next month. To bad the thread on the other board was locked. It was nice to hear from more people in the running. It seems as though they close threads regularly over there. Oh well, good luck.

    Comment


    • #32
      Gomets, have you heard anything from HCSO about the January selection. I have not recieved a call yet. But, I don't know when they were going to do a selection this month. Good Luck

      Comment


      • #33
        They made selections yesterday. Several people I know got phone calls. Call and find out whats what.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Sock Eating Gol
          Gomets, have you heard anything from HCSO about the January selection. I have not recieved a call yet. But, I don't know when they were going to do a selection this month. Good Luck
          I haven't heard anything, but on Friday I was accepted to the LE Academy at HCC. It starts on FEB. 27. I'm pretty excited. This was my backup plan and so far it seems like that is the plan that I'm going to put in to action.

          Comment


          • #35
            Spoke to a friend of mine at SO HQ. No longer hiring anyone w/o experience, or any 'self-sponsored' people. SO is going to be having their own academy classes from now on, so that it can be run by SO-only instructors and not the staff @ HCC made up of SO and civilians.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Tagman
              Spoke to a friend of mine at SO HQ. No longer hiring anyone w/o experience, or any 'self-sponsored' people. SO is going to be having their own academy classes from now on, so that it can be run by SO-only instructors and not the staff @ HCC made up of SO and civilians.
              that ok with me...if they want to hire me and pay me and train me thats cool..

              Ideally, I would like work in Manatee county and not one agency in the county will sponsor.

              So now my options will be expanded.

              Comment


              • #37
                Good news Gomets. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The recent selection was for precertified applicants only. Tagman congradulations. The hiring board will meet at the end of the month for the Scolarship Academy. This was confirmed by my Bi when I called.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Tampa PD

                  Why is their process so slow?

                  Florida certified with 10 years experience. I took the PAT in November, 2005. I passed and haven't heard anything other than a letter which confirmed passing and indicating that I was on an eligibility list.

                  I know they receive tons of applications, but this is ridiculous.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Sock Eating Gol
                    Good news Gomets. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The recent selection was for precertified applicants only. Tagman congradulations. The hiring board will meet at the end of the month for the Scolarship Academy. This was confirmed by my Bi when I called.
                    this is good news...i was actually going to email my BI this afternoon asking questions about this...it appears i'll just wait until the end of this month to see what happens

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by sflacop
                      Why is their process so slow?

                      Florida certified with 10 years experience. I took the PAT in November, 2005. I passed and haven't heard anything other than a letter which confirmed passing and indicating that I was on an eligibility list.

                      I know they receive tons of applications, but this is ridiculous.
                      its a great question...as you probably already read..i took my PAT in OCT 2004 and didn't get scheduled for anything until FEB 2005 and now I'm in the waiting process some more...

                      From the people that I've talked to, recently it is about 18 months from start until offer...

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I got the call last night! Got the conditional offer pending out come of the medical and psyche evaluation - which shouldn

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Wow, congradulations! Unfortunately, no call for me. So I guess more resumes to more depts. Damn, I thought I had a shot. Congrats again.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Sock Eating Gol
                            Wow, congradulations! Unfortunately, no call for me. So I guess more resumes to more depts. Damn, I thought I had a shot. Congrats again.
                            Keep your head up...I started applying to departments in August of 2004. The waiting is frustrating as hell, but you just gotta keep at it...Good Luck!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Sign my conditional offer of employment and took the written psy test yesterday. Took me a little over 2 hours. Then I was scheduled with the actual doc. That exam is Tuesday and after that, I have to call my BI and find out if I passed or not. If I pass, I take the medical exam on the 17th (which I should pass, because I'm not sick ) Once those results are in I have to sit around until March 15th which is orientation and uniform fitting for the academy.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4341 users online. 265 members and 4076 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X