300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topher1301
    What agencies have you applied for? Are you bi-lingual? From what I hear,it normally takes about a year to get hired on. I'm in the process right now myself.
    I've applied for Tampa PD and HCSO. Negative on the bi. I'm at a year right now with Tampa. 2 months in with HCSO.

Comment

Originally posted by BayCityBrawler
      you forgot Tampa Airport Police, they actually have more officers than Temple Terrace and Plant City police. You also have the seminole indian police dept, Veteran Affairs police, and the US Protective services police.

We can add the FBI and USSS in downtown as well if you want to count Federal police jobs.

Comment

Hey all, I'm also in the running for HCSO. Interview, polygraph, and physical all went very well. I'm now hearing from all of my references that they are recieving the BI forms from the R&S dept.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Eating Gol
          Hey all, I'm also in the running for HCSO. Interview, polygraph, and physical all went very well. I'm now hearing from all of my references that they are recieving the BI forms from the R&S dept.
          Yeah, from what I was told, this was the last weekend of interviews, polys, and PATs. So we should probably hear in the next couple of weeks if we make it to the 2nd round...good luck to you

Comment

Heard back from my BI today. Had a problem where the letter to one of my past jobs was returned by the post office. I was able to give the BI the fax number to try to expedite the process of getting it filled out, and make sure it gets to them. But the good news is that if they didn't have at least some intrest in me they would trash it all and send the DQ letter.

Sorry to here about your tardiness. Sounds like they understood and appreciated you calling in to inform them. While myself and another aplicant from Mass. were waiting for our poly results, there was another applicant who was 10-15 mins. late. She didn't call ahead. Come Friday when we had the PAT there were 13 scheduled and only 12 present. Me thinks that she was told not to attend.

I was 30 mins. early in the waiting room. May seem desperate though. Fine line huh?

Good luck to you too. Write into this thread when you get any notice, I'll do the same.

Comment

I'm not in the running for full time, i'm waiting to hear back on the reserves for the HCSO. Finished my PAT, Poly, etc all in July/August, got an e-mail from the BI last week that they would be doing the neighborhood surveys as the last part of my packet then sending it from R&S to the selection process, within 2 weeks or so. Let me know if any of you all hear anything else, i'll try to keep everyone updated as well.

Comment

I was contacted by my BI again. Now my FBAT results weren't faxed over. lol. I'm gonna have to fax my copy in today.

But she did say that she will be writing the report for me next week. So we should be hearing results with in a couple weeks.

Comment

I was contacted by my BI again. Now my FBAT results weren't faxed over. lol. I'm gonna have to fax my copy in today.

But she did say that she will be writing the report for me next week. So we should be hearing results with in a couple weeks.
                  This is good news. I am ready to find out if we made it to the 2nd round. Good Luck.

Comment

Update

I was just contacted by my BI, apparently all but one of my previous jobs has yet to reply to the paper work. So today, my job is get them to reply. I'm hoping this all can get done today and tomorrow that way she has it before the Holiday and can get on it 1st thing next week. Even, my current job hasn't replied so I asked them to contact her. At least my BI has email, it makes contact extremely easy.

on good news though, I've applied to HCC for the academy and was told that with my test scores and what not, i'll be in the next class if i'm not hired by some one...the paper work for that goes out the 2nd week of Jan. So at least I have something to look forward too.
                    Last edited by gomets11; 11-22-2005, 09:48 AM.

Comment

another update:

Got a speeding ticket over the weekend. The sad part is, I was paying attention to my speed the whole drive because a ticket was the last thing I needed to get. Not good. Oh well **** happens.

Then Monday rolls around and my BI w/ HCSO calls and tells me I showed decite (sp?) on 3 questions during the polygraph. I know I didn't lie but they think otherwise I guess...I've passed the polygraph with Tampa PD so go figure. Still not good. I was asked to explain over the phone what I could have thought about and I have no idea. It was 3 months ago. I was pretty much speechless.

Well, she said she would log everything in her report and turn it in. Hopefully, all of my references have now turned everything as I asked last week. She said she had heard from all but 3 of them and I know two people had the paper work in the mail that day.

Tuesday rolls around and I talk to my BI for Tampa PD, she said if I hear anything about getting hired it won't be until Jan. So I'm in the holding pattern I've been in since August.

At least I've been "accepted" to the HCC Academy. Just have to wait until the 2nd week of Jan. to get the official paper work.

Also, I've applied to Venice PD in Sarasota County this past week...We'll have to wait and see how that works out.

Comment

Well that sucks about the speeding ticket. I haven't heard anything from my HCSO BI since she called to say that she hadn't recieved my test scores. However, my neighborhood references were contacted last week, by phone. So I guess thats good news. A couple local PD are hiring here in Ohio. I going to put in for them as well, just to be safe. But I really hope to get this position at HCSO. I can't imagine some of you guys have waited over a year for positions. This wait is killing me, lol.

Good luck to you, and glad to hear you were accepted at the open enrollment academy.

Comment

Well that sucks about the speeding ticket. I haven't heard anything from my HCSO BI since she called to say that she hadn't recieved my test scores. However, my neighborhood references were contacted last week, by phone. So I guess thats good news. A couple local PD are hiring here in Ohio. I going to put in for them as well, just to be safe. But I really hope to get this position at HCSO. I can't imagine some of you guys have waited over a year for positions. This wait is killing me, lol.

Good luck to you, and glad to hear you were accepted at the open enrollment academy.
                          I heard from other applicants on 911jobsforum that starting yesterday and probably lasting thru Friday they are giving everyone a call with a decision.

Good luck!

Comment

Update

Well, heard from my BI today. I was not selected by HCSO. I am eligible for another selection next month. At least I wasn't DQ'd .

Comment

Sorry to hear you didn't make this one. But good to hear your still elidgeble. I'm still waiting. How did they contact you? Phone, mail e-mail.

Good luck next month.

Comment

Sorry to hear you didn't make this one. But good to hear your still elidgeble. I'm still waiting. How did they contact you? Phone, mail e-mail.

Good luck next month.
                                I emailed my BI on Friday with my bi-weekly check-in on how things were going. She responded via email. At least there is another selection next week. I really wish I hadn't got that speeding ticket last month as my friend just got hired by Tallahassee PD. oh well, life goes on...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3541 users online. 205 members and 3336 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X