300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillsborough SO & Tampa PD

Anyone else in the hiring process with these two depts? I've finished all of the application process with Tampa and I'm awaiting word from the selection committee. I have my poly and interview with HCSO in Sept...

Originally posted by gomets11
    Anyone else in the hiring process with these two depts? I've finished all of the application process with Tampa and I'm awaiting word from the selection committee. I have my poly and interview with HCSO in Sept...
    Are you an academy grad, or are you looking for sponsorship? Are you white, or a minority? Im in the academy now at Hillsborough Com. College, and I can tell you that the people TPD are sponsoring are absolute jokes. HCSO just graduates a large class of scholarship people, and they have enough two classes totalling 60 people coming in in October or November. I'd look elsewhere in the area, and then apply to HCSO and/or TPD once you have some experience. Good luck, you'll need it

Comment

Originally posted by Tagman
      Are you an academy grad, or are you looking for sponsorship? Are you white, or a minority? Im in the academy now at Hillsborough Com. College, and I can tell you that the people TPD are sponsoring are absolute jokes. HCSO just graduates a large class of scholarship people, and they have enough two classes totalling 60 people coming in in October or November. I'd look elsewhere in the area, and then apply to HCSO and/or TPD once you have some experience. Good luck, you'll need it
      I'm trying to get by on a sponsorship, but if things don't work out I'll be attending the academy @ MTI in Bradenton come Jan.

Comment

The last round of scholarships TPD gave out, I think they gave 4 out of over 300 applicants- very tough competition. HCSO has scholarship only academies a few times a year. I believe the deadline to apply for their latest one is August 31st. I have been thru the application process for both for over a year now so if you have any other questions, let me know. I am about 1/3 of the way thru my academy here in Florida and will likely apply to pretty much every agency in the area when I graduate in December.
        "Hey handsome...catch any speeders today" ???

Comment

You should do good if you have the 60 Credit hours or the Associates Degree otherwise forget either one. also I was just there for HCSO's Reserve unit meeting and they did up their requirement on the Physical fitness test it now requires swimming as well as the regular PAT and the extra running push ups and sit ups. so brush up on the swimming guys!!
          On another note not to discourage any of you,
          I graduted the Academy at PHCC in December 04 and am a female and still looking if that gives you any idea.
          I've got friends in low places

Comment

Originally posted by LadyLawman
            You should do good if you have the 60 Credit hours or the Associates Degree otherwise forget either one. also I was just there for HCSO's Reserve unit meeting and they did up their requirement on the Physical fitness test it now requires swimming as well as the regular PAT and the extra running push ups and sit ups. so brush up on the swimming guys!!
            On another note not to discourage any of you,
            I graduted the Academy at PHCC in December 04 and am a female and still looking if that gives you any idea.
            I have my B.S. in Management Information Systems. Yeah I got my packet from HCSO in the mail the other day and it mentioned the swimming and everything. That shouldn't be a problem. I'm not the worldest biggest guy, but I can swimming 100 yds no problem and do a decent amount of push ups. Well, if one of these two don't work out, I'll put myself thru the academy and be applying to other places in Manatee or Sarasota Counties...

Comment

Update:

Had my interview with HCSO @ 10 AM today. It went really well or so I think. I had the polygraph at 1 PM. That has me concerned. I went to lunch and from not living in the Tampa Bay area for 5 years I had no idea that traffic was so bad on I-4. I had to call and let them know that I was going to be 10 minutes late. From what I was told, it wasn't a big deal, they were more than happy to accommodate me. During my interview my investigator told me that if I took the poly and didn't see her again, things were good. Well, I took the poly and didn't see here again.

What has me nervous is that the poly examiner had "concern" over 2 questions. He said both times I was asked the question & the answer raised a concern. The poly is in two parts. These questions were on the 1st part. The 2nd part, I had no problems he said. I'm guessing that I passed the exam since he said the "problems" would just get noted on his form & didn't have to go see my BI. Hopefully everything works out...

Tomorrow 8 AM is the PAT. Should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by gomets11
                I have my B.S. in Management Information Systems. Yeah I got my packet from HCSO in the mail the other day and it mentioned the swimming and everything. That shouldn't be a problem. I'm not the worldest biggest guy, but I can swimming 100 yds no problem and do a decent amount of push ups. Well, if one of these two don't work out, I'll put myself thru the academy and be applying to other places in Manatee or Sarasota Counties...

What agencies have you applied for? Are you bi-lingual? From what I hear,it normally takes about a year to get hired on. I'm in the process right now myself.
                Revenge is for the weak minded individual!

Comment

GOMETS....
                  How was that PAT ?? Do they make you do the dummy drag ? I didnt have to last time for HCSO but that was last year. Was there swimming this time ?

Just curious- good luck and keep a fellow Tampa boy notified....JC

Comment

any idea when the HCSO reserve academy is going to start? I finished the application process for them, however i've yet to get any sort of definitive date, anyone else applied for their reserve program? Thanks for the information in advance.

Comment

In Hillsborough, is it just Tampa and SO there or are there other municipalities. I know St. Petersburg, St. Pete Beach, etc. have their own departments, but aren't those in Pinellas?

Here in Broward, there are over 20 cities, most "had" their own departments, but the Sheriff's Office began taking over a bunch of the city police.

Comment

There are other municipalities and departments, USF PD, Temple Terrace PD, and I think that's it

Comment

Plant City PD as well...

Comment

You also have the seminole indian police dept, Veteran Affairs police, and the US Protective services police.
                            Last edited by BayCityBrawler; 07-25-2006, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WCJC 30339
                              GOMETS....
                              How was that PAT ?? Do they make you do the dummy drag ? I didnt have to last time for HCSO but that was last year. Was there swimming this time ?

Just curious- good luck and keep a fellow Tampa boy notified....JC
                              Right now there is no dummy drag. In addition to the standard PAT there was a 1.5 mile run, sit ups, push ups and 100 yards of swimming. It wasn't too bad..took all day though. From what I heard they are planning to put the dummy drag back in, but don't have a time table for it yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2973 users online. 149 members and 2824 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X