300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC State test

Has anyone taken the revised one yet? Supposably has like a 97% fail rate and our lucky class gets to take it next month

Any tips? other than read...read..and read some more?

When I was taking my radar test last Nov., a bunch of people were taking the state test and a bunch failed. It was that new test...I dont know whats up with it!! When I took it, it was tough but everyone passed, I dont know why or how they made it so hard. You would think if a lot of people were failing they would look into it and change it back! Just study and know your law sections. A lot of the answers are common sense or just by looking at the other answers you can kinda do a process of elimination. As far as the new test goes, just take your time and READ each question carefully and all of the answers. I think thats gets a lot of people, they dont read completely and then go for the first answer they see is right. You have plenty of time so take your time. A lot of people get caught up trying to hurry. They told us right there if we passed or not and then we got all of our scores a few weeks later. Good luck!
    "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

Originally posted by nctroop14
      When I was taking my radar test last Nov., a bunch of people were taking the state test and a bunch failed. It was that new test...I dont know whats up with it!! When I took it, it was tough but everyone passed, I dont know why or how they made it so hard. You would think if a lot of people were failing they would look into it and change it back! Just study and know your law sections. A lot of the answers are common sense or just by looking at the other answers you can kinda do a process of elimination. As far as the new test goes, just take your time and READ each question carefully and all of the answers. I think thats gets a lot of people, they dont read completely and then go for the first answer they see is right. You have plenty of time so take your time. A lot of people get caught up trying to hurry. They told us right there if we passed or not and then we got all of our scores a few weeks later. Good luck!
      Few weeks? Jeez the class before us said they got it the same day? I hope thats the case because i'm jobless right now and really want to get hired soon!!

And on another note i've gotten through my first interview with a PD and they are waiting for me to graduate untill I get my oral review... And my god they must be just trying to keep me busy because at least once a week I get a phone call for some other kind of document or phone number. Which I don't mind.. this is the only department i've applied to and is seriously the one I would LOVE to go to.

Would like to do HP... even though the academy looks oh so fun but my driving record killed that chance.

Comment

I took my test and found out I passed the same day. Pay attention in class and do good on the tests and you should be ok on the final exam
        Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win

Comment

I do not know the complete details, but it is certainly not a 97% failure rate. Learn the information that they teach you in class. I mean really learn it. Take some time to review your BLET manuals before the test, and you will do fine. Focus on learning the information each day, and do not plan to cram for the test the week before.

Comment

I agree with the above post...do not cram!! They told us if we passed or not that day and then a few weeks later they break down your score by section and send you the results so you know exactly what you got. That was a few years ago so they might do it different now. When they changed the test I think word got around that people were failing like crazy. One dept. took the test on like a Thurs. and they were supposed to graduate the next day! A lot of them failed so they had to postpone it!! But I think they may have gotten the kinks out of the new test. Just study and know your stuff and you'll do fine. A lot of it is just test anxiety. If you passed your tests with no problem, then you should do fine on the big test. Good luck!
            "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

The last GTCC class took the new test and one person said a lot of the people failed it.
              Last edited by TeayotaSoupra; 08-30-2005, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Our test site was the classroom we used all along. Driving that far has to suck. I know alot of people who went to night class. Were I went to BLET they had 1 night class and the director said it was a nightmare so they stopped it. Good Luck on the test
                Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win

Comment

The class I was in was told we were taking the new state exam. I'm not 100% sure if it was new or old. Our class went in with 12, and 12 passed. That was back in March. Your director should give you 2 practice exams that are compiled of other BLET directors test questions.

When you take your exam, stick with your answer and don't read into or add to the question. Read the WHOLE question before you answer. That is how many people get a question wrong, they don't finish the question or read into it.

Good luck
                  Corrs
                  "Oh, pardon me. For some reason you sounded a little taller on radio"

Comment

Originally posted by Corrs
                    The class I was in was told we were taking the new state exam. I'm not 100% sure if it was new or old. Our class went in with 12, and 12 passed. That was back in March. Your director should give you 2 practice exams that are compiled of other BLET directors test questions.

When you take your exam, stick with your answer and don't read into or add to the question. Read the WHOLE question before you answer. That is how many people get a question wrong, they don't finish the question or read into it.

Good luck

We arn't getting practice exams. She said we will have the classroom open for us to come in one day and we can have our old tests back. Thats it... thing is hardly any of the objectives are in the tests. So we have all decided to split up the chapters and each of us write down objectives and write down the answers. Then we will photocopy them all and have our own study sheet.

And from what I understand the test was handed out this summer. Our past class was going to get the new test back in feb. but got the old one. And our director was stold 8 classes passed the test....but uhm.. we have no clue how many classes have taken it?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5761 users online. 328 members and 5433 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X