300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Georgia LE

These kinds of questions have probably been asked a million and one times but I am really trying to get into LE in Georgia. I really want to go to the Atlanta PD and I just had a few questions about applying and such. I am currently serving in the Air Force. I am on my way to Iraq in the next coming weeks. I have some college education, I havent completed my degree yet. As for my background, I have some problems when I was younger. When I was 13 I was with a friend who decided to take some thing from a store and got caught and I in turn did community service and they dropped the charge. A similar incident occured when I was 15 where my friends decided to take some thing and I had no idea about it. So I was never charged with any thing but I was with them with this occured so I did speak with LE about the event. I also have 2 speeding tickets which both get dropped next year. With all that I was wondering how that will effect my chances with getting into Georgia LE. I also wanted to know if any one is currently National Guard and still in LE, and how being in the Guard/Reserve effects your job. I would like to continue my military service but I have wanted to be in LE for a very long time. I really want to know what I would have to do in order to get the job I want. Thank you for all your help.
    Last edited by redwardj; 08-20-2005, 08:56 PM.

The two thefts or shoplifting when you were a juvenile isn't anything to worry about as long as you are honest about the incidents. Two speeding tickets is definitely nothing to worry about. Yes, if you are in L.E. you can continue your service in the Guard or Reserve. Good Luck!
    God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2773 users online. 156 members and 2617 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X