300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alrighty then, got a job

I had a Chief's interview yesterday and was offered a job with the department beginning this monday so to say I'm relieved would be an understatement. I'm excited to begin a career that I've just recently realized that I wanted at 31 years old.

I also got an offer from one of the departments I interviewed and tested with earlier but had not heard anything from them until now. I'll be turning it down though.

To top it all off, I got a letter from my first choice of departments letting me know I wouldn't be filling the one position they have open but am being placed on their eligibility list for future openings so I'm happy about that. Busy last couple of days.

Just wanted to thank those that gave me encouragement over the last few months in the academy and the last two weeks after graduation looking for a job.
    "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Jesus
    Matthew 11:28

congrats to u, what department will u be working for?

Comment

31 and just starting ???? By 48 hre most guys are retired ... It's a young man's came so hope you are in shape. Good luck

Comment

31 isn't that old, there are plenty of guys who didn't start til they were 40 plus. Good luck to you.
        Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
          31 and just starting ???? By 48 hre most guys are retired ... It's a young man's came so hope you are in shape. Good luck
          Screwed, please pay NO attention to this waste of air. Congrats on beginning your career. It doesn't matter your age. I've seen some "young men" in this game that "are in shape" and aren't worth a crap. I'm 31 and have been doing this for seven years now and wouldn't dream of doing anything else. GOOD LUCK BROTHER!!
          Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Such a mouth for somebody displaying the masonic emblem.
            My point is our state has 25 and out at age 48. If you start at 31 you are 56 before time and service retirement works out. That makes you an old man on the streets. Eralier in earlier out.

Comment

Thats why you get promoted and sit on your bum in the office.......

Or if its a county setting work in a cushy job like the courts
              THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                Such a mouth for somebody displaying the masonic emblem.
                Never said anything contrary to what that emblem stands for. Am still free to give advice and opinions Bodie.
                Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Screwed, CONGRATS!!

Lets not get hung up on the age thing, one of my colleagues joined at 39 and is an excellent cop and I would neighbour him any day, thats whats important. What is important for you now is to learn every day you go to work. I have eleven years service so am still a novice at this game! For all our bad days, I think it still must be one of the best jobs around.

Take care and enjoy.

Comment

Congratulations! I wish you all the best. Now you can change your name to something a bit more positive.

Okay, Bodie, I
                    Last edited by LawEnfWB; 08-21-2005, 01:50 AM.

Comment

I guess I'm a late bloomer, I dunno. It's only the last couple years that I've developed an interest in law enforcement and after talking to officers in different positions working at different agencies over that time I've decided finally what I want to do with my life. I'm proud of where I'm at.

By the way, I've never been one to rely on an employer to fund my retirement so that is not, and never has been, an issue with me. I'll handle that myself.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
                      "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Jesus
                      Matthew 11:28

Comment

Dude- I'm 35 just lost 130+ lbs. and am in the best shape I've been in since high school. I am hoping to start an academy in January, and have been told 35 is a great age to begin (maturity, will stay with the department, etc.) I have been waiting for this my whole life ,as I'm sure you have, and age means nothing if you have the drive, determination and dedication.Congrats and Good Luck my man!

Comment

Another stupid comment by Bodie!!!!!!!!!

First was liking outlaw bikers, now on this thread and one other, he's trying to talk guys out of wanting to do this noble job!!!!!!!!!

Bodie, who's side are you on???????????????????????????

DeltaCop
                          "For those who fight for it, Life has a meaning that the sheltered will never know"

Unknown Marine
                          Khe Sanh

Comment

age is not a factor!

Originally posted by Washingtonian
                            31 isn't that old, there are plenty of guys who didn't start til they were 40 plus. Good luck to you.
                            Im taking the allentown pa. police officer exam in sept. Im 38 and this is my first exam............

Comment

Screwed, Did you put your self through the academy?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2781 users online. 120 members and 2661 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X