300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law Enforcement Vacancies Non US Citizen

I am looking at Law Enforcement vacancies, and I am having trouble finding forces that take non US citizens. I have found one thru advice on this forum. Does anyone have any more suggestions? Most grateful. I come from the UK, and have over 23 years Police experience. Serving member HM Forces as a Military Policeman.

If you hold a permanent resident visa (green card), you can apply to (some) depts in IL, CO, Maine, HI, VT and Alaska. If you don't have a green card, you need to either marry a US citizen, or find an employer to sponsor you, which is very difficult but not impossible.
    It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

Edmonton Police is going to England to hire British officer take a look Edmonton Police

Comment

Hi Steve, fellow Brit and future American here. I'm not an LEO, but have been researching this for some time - some Departments in Alaska were receptive when I emailed them, so was Chicago, Maricopa County Sheriff's Office in Phoenix, and various others (I've been compiling a list). I've also read up a fair bit on immigration procedure, visas etc, so PM sometime and I can tell you more.

Best Regards,

Armitage

Comment

Many thanks for the info, will take a look

Comment

Originally posted by slickyy
            Edmonton Police is going to England to hire British officer take a look Edmonton Police
            Thanks for the info, I will take a look

Comment

Originally posted by co911
              If you hold a permanent resident visa (green card), you can apply to (some) depts in IL, CO, Maine, HI, VT and Alaska. If you don't have a green card, you need to either marry a US citizen, or find an employer to sponsor you, which is very difficult but not impossible.
              Finding it difficult, but will keep hunting, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Armitage
                Hi Steve, fellow Brit and future American here. I'm not an LEO, but have been researching this for some time - some Departments in Alaska were receptive when I emailed them, so was Chicago, Maricopa County Sheriff's Office in Phoenix, and various others (I've been compiling a list). I've also read up a fair bit on immigration procedure, visas etc, so PM sometime and I can tell you more.

Best Regards,

Armitage
                Hello mate, So far I have tried Vermont State Police, awaiting reply, any info you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Keep in touch

Steve

Comment

"some Departments in Alaska were receptive when I emailed them, so was Chicago, Maricopa County Sheriff's Office in Phoenix"

They may be receptive Armitage but there is nothing they can do. The MCSO requires US citizenship, as does AZPOST. If you want to find out which states require citizenship, you need to check out the POST rules. It is only in states which DO NOT require citizenship that you can be employed as state requirements supercede city and county requirements.

Comment

Thanks for the tip on POST rules, co911...with regard to the MCSO, I should have said that they can take non Citizens who are permanent residents (on a green card) as Detention Officers, not as Deputies, apologies for the misunderstanding.

Steve I'll drop you an email with all the various stuff on immigration procedures etc.

Comment

Just starting

Best of luck with the applications. I'm just starting the ball rolling to get across to the States, any tips or advice oul be appreciated. Currently serving as a Sgt within the Metropolitan Police London.

Cheers

Comment

non green card holder

Greetings. I've read your post with great interest and was wondering if you can tell which police departments will hire me if I don't have a green card. I have been a corrections officer for 10 years. Do you think the New Orleans PD are desparate for officers because of the large number that jumped ship? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks.............

Comment

I'm a Met Officer as well.....................and I'm looking to jump ship! Isn't it funny how manyof us Brits want to leave???? Strange!

I've spoken to a few places but most do require you to be a US Cit! Try looking at State Troopers!

Regards
                          Carpe Jugulum

Comment

"was wondering if you can tell which police departments will hire me if I don't have a green card"

ZERO. You need a green card (LPR status) to work at all law enforcement jobs in the US.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6387 users online. 343 members and 6044 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X