X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ckat
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2005

sorry, another background question

In 1976 I was arrested for burglary. The state I'm from has a Youthful Offender, law that supposedsly eliminates the record. I was even told by the judge and probation officer, that I would never have to reveal the matter to anyone, provided I shaped up which I did. Scared the **** out of me really. My question is this; on my background packet I did not list it under "have you ever been arrested." I figured that if it got far enough into backgrounds I would tell the BI about it. A couple of friends (who are LEO's) said not to.
    I however, feel compelled to say something. I think that in this age of information somewhere it will come up, and would hate not to say anything. My first background interview is coming up, and they ask you to provide records of any arrests. The court does not have anything, no record found.
    Would the PD in the city where it happened still have something? So I can provide that to them. I also have a DUI in 1986, I did list that. Am I wasting my time even going? My LE buddies say don't worry about you'll do fine, but well I am worried. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You
  • usnswcc
    Forum Member
    • May 2006

Not sure about that. Tell us how it went it has been a while since you have posted.

Comment

• Squader01
      Tim Dees is a good man!
      • Apr 2006

You don't have to put it on your initial application, but you WILL and MUST tell your BI when it comes time. Cause they WILL find out, regardless of expungement.

Hopefully the good thing is, it'll get you far enough along in the process for them to figure out you're a decent cat. Goodluck with the process. Double check that law in your state, I know here in Michigan that's how I would play it.
      "I'm the man who invented the wheel, and built the Eiffle Tower out of metal and brawn, that's what kind of man I am. You? You're just a women with a small brain." -Ron Burgundy

Comment

• bg35
        Forum Member
        • May 2006

All,

Here is a question for you....I am in the beginning stages to become a state trooper.. Long story short, I took some performance enhancing drugs (pills) for 4-6 weeks during my freshman year of college while I was playing football. This was 11 yrs ago and totallys slipped my mind while I filled out my paperwork.

I plan on telling my investigator about this as soon as they contact me, will this cause me hardship? My concern is since I already signed my paperwork they will think I am lieing about other things as well (which I'm not)

Any insight?

Comment

• pkagel
          SoCal Expatriate
          • Jun 2004

Yea, call your BI and tell him now before he calls you.

Originally posted by bg35
          All,

Here is a question for you....I am in the beginning stages to become a state trooper.. Long story short, I took some performance enhancing drugs (pills) for 4-6 weeks during my freshman year of college while I was playing football. This was 11 yrs ago and totallys slipped my mind while I filled out my paperwork.

I plan on telling my investigator about this as soon as they contact me, will this cause me hardship? My concern is since I already signed my paperwork they will think I am lieing about other things as well (which I'm not)

Any insight?
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

• bg35
            Forum Member
            • May 2006

i have yet to be assigned a BI as of yet, but as soon as I speak to him/her I will disclose...

do ya think i'll be ok? hope so

Comment

• pkagel
              SoCal Expatriate
              • Jun 2004

Call and see who has your paperwork so you can add it now. I don't know how bad it will hurt you, but it will hurt you less if you tell them before being asked for sure.
              "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20694 users online. 56 members and 20638 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...