X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LawEnfWB
    replied
    Originally posted by redraider
    but would not an undetected felony in another state count against me even if it was legal in the state I'm applying with?
    I'm pretty sure that if you commit a crime, such as sexual assault, it will follow you no matter where you go because the issue is whether you committed a crime. This begs the question as to whether you actually committed a crime under Texas law at the time you had sex with the 16-year old.

Section 22.011 (a) (2) of the Texas Penal Code provides that a person who has sexual relations with a child younger than 17 years of age is guilty of Sexual Assault. Under this section of the Penal Code, "sexual relations" may include conventional sexual intercourse, oral sex, anal sex and/or oral-anal sex.

However,

This statute does not apply if the adult and child engaging in sexual conduct are legally married. Also, if an adult who has sexual relations with a child can show that the child was 14 years of age or older at the time of the encounter, and that the adult is no more than three years older than the child, he or she cannot be convicted under this statute.

Generally, an offense under this statute is a felony of the second degree, punishable by two to twenty years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.00. If, however, the child victim is under the age of 14, the offense is enhanced to a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for life or for a term of not more than 99 years or less than five years, and a fine not to exceed $50,000.00.

See: http://www.utexas.edu/student/lss/as...utoryrape.html

I am in no way trying to provide you with an excuse to lie about committing a criminal act. My point is this, before you go around confessing to committing a crime, especially sexual assault, you should be certain that you actually committed a crime under the laws of the respective state in which the act was committed. It may be to your advantage to discuss your situation with a competent Texas attorney in order to determine whether you indeed committed a crime under Texas law pursuant to the language in Section 22.011 (a) (2) regarding age. If you would rather remain anonymous, The University of Texas at Austin (see above link) has a phone number you can contact. You may also get answers by calling the Texas Attorney General's office. It appears to me that you have not discussed your situation with an attorney. I'm not a lawyer and have no opinion regarding Texas law and whether you actually committed a crime. I
    Last edited by LawEnfWB; 08-21-2005, 12:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• redraider
    replied
    I'm in Texas. AoC is 17 here.

It was entirely consensual, she turned 17 a month later and we did it several times after.

Im not opposed to moving to another state for a career as an LEO, but would not an undetected felony in another state count against me even if it was legal in the state I'm applying with?

I considered asking the Sgt if it still counted if the sex wasn't that good but decided against it.

Leave a comment:

• acreature
    replied
    Originally posted by redraider
    Okay

Some of you might remember my first post where I asked if the sex with the 16 year old when I was 19 (undetected) and the FTLI would be a problem.

The one I thought would be a small problem (the FTLI) they could have cared less about, the one I thought wouldn't be a problem (and others on this board) was an automatic DQ.

Sooooo should I just give it in and go to law school? Or are not all departments this stringent about undetected crimes?

This wasn't a matter of being compared to the other candidates, this was a straight out DQ

Age of Consent is 16 in NC, not sure of FL

Leave a comment:

• redraider
    started a topic DQ in the hizzle

DQ in the hizzle

Okay

Some of you might remember my first post where I asked if the sex with the 16 year old when I was 19 (undetected) and the FTLI would be a problem.

The one I thought would be a small problem (the FTLI) they could have cared less about, the one I thought wouldn't be a problem (and others on this board) was an automatic DQ.

Sooooo should I just give it in and go to law school? Or are not all departments this stringent about undetected crimes?

This wasn't a matter of being compared to the other candidates, this was a straight out DQ

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3860 users online. 259 members and 3601 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X