300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DQed

I was recently disqualified but am allowed to get a public hearing for an appeal. I was wondering if anyone every did this and what the chances of getting the decsion over-turned was. I was Dqed for past drung use. They said i could not have used in 2004 or 2005 and the last time was early to mid 2004 . I also could never have sold which i did but never a dealer. I just thought i should have mentioned during my background that I picked it up as a favor and re-sold it in the past as a favor for a friend. Although this is all my own fault, I really want this job and was wondering if it was worth my time and money or if i should just wait for another department that will accept that i made some bad decsions in the past????

Dude,

It doesn't matter if as a favor, you sold to a friend at your cost and didn't make a profit. As far as the law is concerned, you sold drugs. This will DQ you from most agencies.

If you used in 2004 and their criteria prohibits use in that year, you are out.

You need to move on to another profession.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I can't wait to see the replies on this one.

Here's mine. Don't waste your time with the appeal. You don't have a chance in hell of getting hired right now. That's not to say you never will, but you certainly need to put many years between your last drug use and and future applications. And if you have sold drugs, ever, that is an auto DQ with most dept's. Dont sugarcoat it. "Favor" my *****. What the hell does that mean? You freaking sold drugs. And if you consider selling drugs as a "favor" to someone, you are a retard.

Comment

Originally posted by Joebob
        I can't wait to see the replies on this one.

Here's mine. Don't waste your time with the appeal. You don't have a chance in hell of getting hired right now. That's not to say you never will, but you certainly need to put many years between your last drug use and and future applications. And if you have sold drugs, ever, that is an auto DQ with most dept's. Dont sugarcoat it. "Favor" my *****. What the hell does that mean? You freaking sold drugs. And if you consider selling drugs as a "favor" to someone, you are a retard.
        Joebob couldnt have said it better. If you used, you used. If you sold, you sold. No excuse will validate it. Sorry...

Comment

I think McDonalds is hiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeltaCop
          "For those who fight for it, Life has a meaning that the sheltered will never know"

Unknown Marine
          Khe Sanh

Comment

Originally posted by Tony_Almeida
            I also could never have sold which i did but never a dealer.
            I think maybe they DQ'd you for lack of common sense first.

Then you were "Extra" DQ'd for being a Drug Dealer.
            What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
            Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

Everyone I applied to had "sold drugs EVER" as an automatic disqualifer. Don't waste your time trying to appeal.

Just imagine this situation (that is not going to happen). You appeal, and it goes through. You eventually get hired with the department. Just imagine what your co-workers view of you would be? "Hey look, its _______ the drug dealer". That would not be good......

Comment

Why do you want to be a police officer now, what changed your mind?

I know I cant think of a department that would not ad you because of the liablity you would place on the department.
                John D. MacDonald, "The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late and owns the worm farm."

Comment

Ever selling or distrubiting narcotics is an automatic DQ at most if not all agencies.
                  In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Uh oh

During my polygraph, I was asked if I had ever sold drugs. i said no.

Then he said 'Are you sure? Not even second or 3rd hand?' And I said 'Oh,uh.I'm sure when I was in High School I probably mentioned to someone this guy or that guy smokes MJ and people could have later bought it from one another. If that counts sir'

And he asked me how many times did that happen. And I said I have no idea, I don't even know if it did happen. Then he yelled at me and said he wanted a number. So I said Less than 5 times if any.

Would that be considered selling? That's gonna **** me off if I get DQ'd for that. That's like saying that I told someone that this guy sells homes, should I get a commision?

Yikes! No I'm worried

Comment

Originally posted by Scouts Out
                      Uh oh

During my polygraph, I was asked if I had ever sold drugs. i said no.

Then he said 'Are you sure? Not even second or 3rd hand?' And I said 'Oh,uh.I'm sure when I was in High School I probably mentioned to someone this guy or that guy smokes MJ and people could have later bought it from one another. If that counts sir'

And he asked me how many times did that happen. And I said I have no idea, I don't even know if it did happen. Then he yelled at me and said he wanted a number. So I said Less than 5 times if any.

Would that be considered selling? That's gonna **** me off if I get DQ'd for that. That's like saying that I told someone that this guy sells homes, should I get a commision?

Yikes! No I'm worried
                      What you admited too doesn't even qualify as 2-3-4-5-6th hand ding dong...Why the hell you would even mention that is beyond me. He asked if YOU SOLD drugs not DID YOU know people that smoked weed.
                      Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Tony_Almeida
                        I was recently disqualified but am allowed to get a public hearing for an appeal. I was wondering if anyone every did this and what the chances of getting the decsion over-turned was. I was Dqed for past drung use. They said i could not have used in 2004 or 2005 and the last time was early to mid 2004 .
                        I'm surprised they'd accept any drug use at all in the past two years. This was a pretty lenient department to begin with. I would say wait a year and apply again, but...

I also could never have sold which i did but never a dealer. I just thought i should have mentioned during my background that I picked it up as a favor and re-sold it in the past as a favor for a friend.
                        This cooks you. You've admitted to being a drug dealer, and you're finished. Maybe, if you're very lucky, in 10 years you could try again in another state and this admission might have disappeared, but I wouldn't count on it.

Time to think up a new profession.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller
                          What you admited too doesn't even qualify as 2-3-4-5-6th hand ding dong...Why the hell you would even mention that is beyond me. He asked if YOU SOLD drugs not DID YOU know people that smoked weed.
                          First poly man. Nervous and trying to be as honest as possible. Shoot, I was like chunk from The Goonies LOL. I was fessing up to taking peoples french fries when I was bringing them food, taking a sip of my big gulp and topping it off
                          etc. Not that bad of course, but similar.

After having taken the poly, now I see that some things are probably better left unsaid, but that first one, anxious to get hired, not knowing anything about it,etc etc

Comment

I know of many small depts that do not poly and do not to really in depth bkg checks. They run NCIC, driving record, and maybe credit reports. They cannot afford to poly, and their pay reflects that.

As a last resort, you could consider getting hired with some of these depts and after several years, possibly get hired somewhere else. Heck, you might even like working for po-dunk pd!

I'm sure many of you know officers that have done worse and have been hired elsewhere. Getting a friend some weed when you were younger is just a stupid mistake in my opinion and should be reviewed on a case by case basis.

Now if you were a drug dealer for profit and did that for a long time, that's a different ballgame....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8170 users online. 382 members and 7788 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X