300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIRED N. Las Vegas

Just found out this morning that I got a job with the North Las Vegas PD. It was a LONG process but worth it in the end.

Anyone looking to work in Vegas check them out they are expanding alot and need people.

congrats dude! How long did the process take?
    MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

Almost 6 months...

Comment

How was the medical exam? What types of tests do they do?

Comment

Originally posted by thumbs
          Almost 6 months...
          HA 6 months. Is that it?? FIrst off, congrats, its still the greatest job in the world. Second- I took the NYPD test back in 1993 and it took them 4 YEARS to call me. I turned them down as ai was already in another department for 2 years.
          Have fun and stay safe out there... Its a dry heat thought right?
          I got nothing for now

Comment

NLVPD's process is only long if your not certified. The lateral process is really quick,especially because they waive most of the process, but good job.

Comment

Medical Exam isn't bad. Just a stress test, hearing, blood work, vision and an exam from a doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by pd821
                NLVPD's process is only long if your not certified. The lateral process is really quick,especially because they waive most of the process, but good job.
                Is NLVPD a different department than LVMPD? I thought I heard that LVMPD, like LAPD, insisted that everyone go through their full academy, no exceptions...

Comment

Congrats on your job...

yes, EVERYONE who gets hired as a Police Officer with LVMPD must attend our academy. North Las Vegas, North Town as we call it, is a great agency. The working relationship we share is awesome. You will see some Sh&* in that city....it's no Mayberry thats for sure...

Comment

North Las Vegas is a different city/department than LVMPD. So different academy.

Comment

THUMBS,

I am considering testing on March 06, 2006 for NLVPD. I received my appointment confirmation from NLVPD for the written test. Currently I am weighing several law enforcement opportunities (some outside of NV).

I am not concerned with the testing process, moreover, have you heard how many positions they will have available or project to be available?

How many recruits per academy class?

I heard the rep. for the dept. is a very good one. NLVPD is the only dept. in NV that I am applying to.

Thank you for any information.
                      Last edited by SCity; 02-16-2006, 12:36 AM.

Comment

whats the physical agility test like? is it like most others with the 1.5 mile run, push-ups, sit-ups and bench press?
                        4/4/09

Lest We Forget

Pittsburgh Bureau of Police

Comment

There is information on their website.

However, yes, there is a 300meter run, 1.5mile run, push ups, sit ups, vertical jump. I don't believe there is a bench press test unless something has changed with regard to the physical agility test listing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8412 users online. 227 members and 8185 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X