300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed probation

Yesterday I was told that I had failed probabtion and was being put back into dispatch (where I was during the academy and for a few months after graduation waiting for a position to open up). They also told me that they were not revoking my commission but that I would be on reserve status so I could still ride, but it would have to be with another officer. I was also told I should participate in training.

So now when I apply at other departments, how do I (politely) ask if they have a good FTO program? Will other departments insist on speaking with my current employer (don't want them to know I am applying elsewhere until I have a job in hand and I will definitely give proper notice, since I bear the department no ill will, but I don't want to burn bridges). If I have to give a reference from my current employer, how do I figure out who is the best person to list? Or do I try to get more experience with this department and apply again when there is another opening and see what they have to say then?

why did you fail probation? where I work if your failed probation...you got fired or asked to resign?
    "here's to us and those like us .....damn few left"

Comment

what exactly caused you to fail? Policy Violation? failure to adapt?

Comment

We have had many people fail probation that have moved on to successful careers with other departments. Some for failure to adapt, some for policy violations, and some for just being morons. It all depends on the philosophy of the next department you apply with. It will not be easy to get another LEO job if you fail probation, but it is not impossible.
        In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Why I failed probation isn't anything that would keep me from performing the job at another department, and if I had done anything that would have warranted being fired or asked to resign, I wouldn't be dispatching or still have my commission. In the interest of fairness to both sides, I won't go into specifics except if asked during BI or interview.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5614 users online. 344 members and 5270 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X