300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where am I going wrong?

For the past 15 years I have struggled to become a police officer. I'm CLEET Reserve certified, Intoxilizer Certified and have over 100 hours additional training yet, in the state of OK it seems everyone wants someone who is F/T certified by CLEET or they don't want to give you a chance. Not to mention I'm now 36 and a single mom. My options here seem so limited, but I don't want to give up on something I have worked so hard to do. I am considering moving out of state but have no idea where. If anyone has any advice I would sooooo appreciate it

if you want to move

SSUD is hiring

Comment

In a lot of states, the number of training hours required for reserve certification is far less that those required for full time officer certification. Because sending officers through a full academy is very costly (academy tuition, recruit wages, benefits, etc.) many agencies give preference to those who already have full certification. Your best bet is to try an agency that is large enough to have a constant turnover and runs its own academy. Those are the ones most likely to hire someone without full certification.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Sorry but if it's taken that long then it is not likely to happen. If you were qualified and and had the education and physical abilty to do the job some agency would have hired you by now.
        If it takes more a few years to get a full time leo position that's okay. A firther time spent is time spent spinning your wheels.

Comment

Well I've never been one to accept "it won't happen" I've invested too many years of working dispatch/Jail and reserve officer to throw in the towel. Not to mention I have the support of several ranking officers who have pushed to get me on patrol with their depts.

Comment

Job where im from

Metro Police Department Nashville Tn,
            Lee county Sheriff Fort Myers Fla.
            X8

Comment

For what its worth, I agree that you need to goto a large agency that has a constant turn over rate, and have their own academy..

I dont know how things are in OK, but in OH, reserve officers have to have the same quailifications as FT or PT..

Good Luck !
              ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

Moving is not the solution. That impact would only add to the problem. Applying and going through the testing process in other states "next door" might be okay. Remember in Ohio it woudl be as if you are starting day one with an academy like any other rookie

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                  Moving is not the solution. That impact would only add to the problem. Applying and going through the testing process in other states "next door" might be okay. Remember in Ohio it woudl be as if you are starting day one with an academy like any other rookie

I wouldn't go that far to say a move won't matter, every state is different as to what training they will/will not recognize.
                  Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4985 users online. 304 members and 4681 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X