300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL Cert. Exam

Has anyone recently taken the Florida Certification Exam? I recently completed the Equivilancy Course (not the Academy), and have gotten no indication of what it's like. I'm a little concerned because, basically, I have to study the entire curriculum on my own. Prior experience will only get me so far.

I just took it in February (CMS version), 250 questions and I think you're given 4 hours... I think it took me 2 1/2 hours to finish.

The questions are made from the Objectives, if you were given all the CMS curriculum/material the stuff at the beginning of each lesson are the objectives and those are answered throughout the lesson/module. It's a common sense test and if you have any experience in LE you should be fine.

Comment

Just like smalls545 said, just study the CMS curriculum. I just took it in Juneand it was pretty easy, but there will be a few trick questions thrown at you. As long as you look through all of the objectives, you'll do fine. Out of 32 students from my class, only 2 failed.

Comment

Originally posted by mpv1970
        Has anyone recently taken the Florida Certification Exam? I recently completed the Equivilancy Course (not the Academy), and have gotten no indication of what it's like. I'm a little concerned because, basically, I have to study the entire curriculum on my own. Prior experience will only get me so far.

I took it in 2000 and shoulnt have changed that much. Patrol and investigations was the hardest one on the state. You really have to study those sections close and the others are all common sense. Good luck or ask me and i will try to remember.

Comment

Thank You, All!

Thanks for the guidance everyone. That relieves a bit of the anxiety. Time to get crackin'!

Comment

Ive taken both the corrections and law enforcement test in the past two years. They are both fairly easy. I recommend getting the study guide at any large book store or online. Many, if not most of the questions on the test are in the study guide.

Comment

what is that study guide called? You is the author?

Comment

Didn't like the study guide

If you want to use the study guide to assist you, that's fine. Just don't let that be the only thing you study. Read over and over the text books from the academy. That's the only way. I graduated the academy in 2002, just took my exam last month and I passed it. 3yrs later.

For a month, I read the academy curriculum over and over. I didn't use the study guide from Barnes and Nobles.

That's my advice. Just get a good night sleep before the test, and if you can, the day before; spend the whole day studyin g.
                Revenge is for the weak minded individual!

Comment

Study Guide

I have the study guide, but I plan on using in order to get into the testing mindset. It's been a few years since I've had to do this. I am focusing more on the academy curriculum books. Thanks.

Comment

The study guide can be helpful, but since it's based off the traditional exam there is stuff that isn't covered. Using the study guide to get in the midset is a good idea, make sure you continue studying the curriculum given to you. Study those objectives and the SECURE (not in the traditional curriculum I don't think). Also, the biggest modules (i.e. mod 1, 6, 7, etc. and high liabilties) have the most to cover therefore makes up a larger majority of the test. Only 250 questions... 14 modules and some modules are only a couple pages. Just something to keep in mind. PM me if you have any more questions, I passed the first time , and did well on all the academy tests.
                    Last edited by smalls545; 08-24-2005, 06:39 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2900 users online. 193 members and 2707 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X