300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news about Ft. Lauderdale PD

See if any of you Florida guys can verify this. My Sgt just got back from testing with Ft. Lauderdale PD last week. Did the interview, agility test and all that good stuff. He came home and told me there's no way he'd move down there after touring the city. Said away from the beach, it was nothing but ghetto city (not that there's anything wrong with that). Said he and his girlfriend drove around for a couple of days and really didn't see any part of it that was "nice." What's up with that? That, along with Collier County were my two shots out of Indiana as far as Florida is concerned. LOL.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

I don't know about all that. Ft. Lauderdale has its fair share of ghetto, but it has plenty of nice areas as well. Not to mention, there are several cities surrounding FL that are nice. Unless you or your Sgt's g/f make plenty of money, it's probably not likely that you'll be able to afford FL anyway.

The "nice" areas include Coral Ridge, Victoria Park, Victoria Isles, Lauderdale Isles and basically anything adjacent to the Intracoastal. There are also some nice areas of Plantation, Sunrise, Pembroke Pines, Hollywood, Coral Springs and Cooper City.

Stay away from Lauderhill and the unincorporated parts of Ft. Lauderdale.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Plenty of nice areas in Ft Lauderdale. Also, why, if you don't mind my asking, are you limiting yourself to the Ft Lauderdale area? There are plenty of great agencies within FL, many are only a short distance from Ft Laud.

Comment

the only so called bad section of ft laud, is the nw section since
        we 4 sections,. slowly that section is being bought out by developers
        and new high priced town houses and condo's are going up, because
        the people that actually work in the city are tired of that commute from way out west.....it's actually quite nice and peaceful compared to what it was
        20 yrs ago...( i was in my 20's ) and it was fun.......
        professionally....you could get felony arrest's every night, misd arrest's
        by the truck load.....off duty....the beach and strip was geared for
        spring break and the crowd in their 20's. now more geared for families
        and professional crowd. I lived by port everglades the entire time..
        and it's all been good for me....
        the bad element is getting pushed into central broward...lauderhill.,lauderdale lakes, north lauderdale....like a cancer....spreading....where the cancer was,
        it's gettin way better....but if ya want nice....yer gonna pay a preety penney for it.

www.schackdaddy.com
        " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
        " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Collier County has its "ghetto" too - you couldn't pay me to live in Golden Gate City or Immokalee - which is like a third world country. The City of Naples Police Department has the exclusive, million dollar homes, and the majority of the beach and its scenery. Regardless where you live, the little coin you will make with either agency, you will not be able to afford a decent home here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelly Donuts
            Collier County has its "ghetto" too - you couldn't pay me to live in Golden Gate City or Immokalee - which is like a third world country. The City of Naples Police Department has the exclusive, million dollar homes, and the majority of the beach and its scenery. Regardless where you live, the little coin you will make with either agency, you will not be able to afford a decent home here.
            I'm not really worried about housing costs, Jelly Donuts, in either city. I've got a sugar-momma for a wife, she's an attorney, LOL. Like I said, it was my Sgt. that was telling me about the "ghetto" in Ft. Lauderdale. Was just trying to see if he was telling it like it was or if he got down there and became "homesick" at the thought of working in a big city PD, lol. I'm sure all cities/counties have their fair share of ghetto. But that's part of it.
            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Bad news about F.L.P.D.

Town,
              As far as the department goes I've never heard anything bad about the department (unlike a certian S.O.). It offers as much or more than alot of dept.'s in Broward. As far as the city itself, I think "ftlaudcop" said it best. The face of the city is changing and a big city has good areas and ghetto's.
              It's important that you and your sgt. know that Housing is out of control here in south Florida compared to what we make. I don't know about Broward but in Palm Beach County the median price house is $405K....but "that's the price for living in paradise."....LOL. My buddies and I at work talk about this all the time. We don't know how guys from out of state making what new guys do, can afford to buy a house. It's bad enough that apartments are being converted into condo's and starting at $165K for a 1 bdrm / 1 bath.
              Anyway this and .50 cents will get you a can of coke. Just know that in the last 4 years housing has increased significantly and it has made it hard for alot of people to buy a house.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4486 users online. 257 members and 4229 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X