300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Certification?

I just recently passed the state exam in Florida. Does anyone know what, if any, states accept Florida's certification? It seems to be a little more difficult than I thought it would be to get a job in Florida. Thanks for any info.

well, most of all states are going to require you to take some type of training then take their state exam. Their are some states that do not even recongnize the certification at all. I dont know whick ones, but i heard of them. i do know that TX lets you challange their state exam and if you pass it your certified. It costs about 200 to take it. Good luck

Comment

Whats so hard about getting work in Florida?

Comment

its hard because there are about 30 applicants per position and most of them have a lot of experience. If you want a lot of openings and little comp go north lol

Comment

Originally posted by Crex4242
          its hard because there are about 30 applicants per position and most of them have a lot of experience. If you want a lot of openings and little comp go north lol
          And most departments have multiple openings.

Without any experience (generally 1 year) you are most likely going to have to do the academy again in which ever state you apply to.

Id like to know also what is hard about getting a job considering there tons of openings through out the state.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I dont know where your looking but I know several places in the Tampa Bay Region that are heavily recruiting. Also Budgets are out in Oct for alot of agencies so they start doing most of thier hiring at or around then. I dont know what area you live in and as much as I hate to say this if your the average white guy your going to have a harder time then you would if you were a female , hispanic or black applicant.
            I've got friends in low places

Comment

Originally posted by Crex4242
              30... LOL we get over 75 apps for each position.
              In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Other then Tampa who is heavily recruiting in the area? Please dont mention St Pete.

Comment

It just seems like all of the agencies down south have a ton of applicants that are already officers. I have only started to apply at agencies, but I'm just trying to think ahead a little. My buddy applied at Orlando, and they told him that they had so many applicants that they were just going with the ones with experience. So, I am just trying to get my ducks in a row. I hope the one thing I have going in my favor is that I'm Asian.

Comment

With 67 counties in Florida and hundreds of local agencies im sure you can get hired on somewhere your intrested in. Its all about persistence.

Comment

SO you are ready to pack up and move out of state because your buddy said its hard to get into Orlando? uuummm.
                      I am an average whit male wiht only a H.S education, I applied to 14 agencies. I made the waiting list on 3 and hired on with another. If you are willing to do a little work you get on somewhere. A lot of agencies out in west Orange county are hiring right now...Ocoee, Oakland, Windermere, once the new mall gets approved Winter Garden is going to be looking for a lot more than they are now. There is more in central Fl than OPD and Orange county, no offense to those who work for those agencies.
                      Just how many applications have you filled out? Good luck
                      No Poly, No Statement, No Waiver; An Expert is someone who does the basics better than anyone else.(unknown)

Comment

I'm just getting started with apps. I have only filled out 4 so far. I am willing to do what it takes to get hired, even if that means I have to apply to every department. It just seems like everyone wants to come to Florida to be a cop. Thanks for all the info, I will definitely look into it.

Comment

I believe almost every agency in FL. is looking for qualified applicants. If you like SW Florida, check out Collier County, LEE County, Cape Coral P.D., Naples P.D etc...to many to list with numerous vacancy's.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbocop
                            I believe almost every agency in FL. is looking for qualified applicants. If you like SW Florida, check out Collier County, LEE County, Cape Coral P.D., Naples P.D etc...to many to list with numerous vacancy's.

Ditto what robbocop said. Plenty of agencies statewide are looking for qualified applicants.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6692 users online. 363 members and 6329 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X