300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIA-Security Protective Services

I finally got my package via fed-ex yesterday. COE and another SF86 to fill out and return in 15 days. I've heard the poly can get a little "freaky" with the questioning considering that they ask some off the wall lifestyle questions. Can anyone give me some info on the process and how it works with these guys, I'm sure their pretty intense?

As for my background, I'm a 33 y/o female, getting out of the U.S. Marines after 9 years. I have my Associates and finishing my B.S. degree in Criminal Justice. I completed the Marine Embassy Guard Program and have an active TS clearance. Other than a couple of tickets (which I always report) my military and personal life have been stellar.

oh by the way, I'm sure I could go full agent with the degree but after 9 years of military traveling I'm not too eager to start hopping around the country or planet any time soon.

congrats on the coe. i got my coe from cia spo back in april. still waiting to take poly test though. hopefully soon. ive taken a poly before for a police dept. and yes it can get a littel freaky. the pre polygraph questions are a little off the wall lifestyle questions but the actual poly questions themselves are very straight foward. im not sure if that is the way the CIA structures theirs or not but i think it is. as far as the process goes i am in my 8th month and heard it can take 12 or more to finally get your EOD. if you do not hear from your program officer be sure to call and introduce yourself and remember to be extra friendly b/c that goes a long way and ive found i get answers to questions i didn't even ask if i am cordual and understanding with the my program officer. good luck and take care. if you have ts clearance do they still require you to fill out the sf-86?

Comment

From my understanding each agency has their own requirements. Even if you do have a clearance other agencies will still require you to fill out the SF86. My guess is that they want their agents to conduct the investigation or atleast review and verify what was previously reported. The one big benefit is that if you've have a TS already it makes getting another clearance easier and could shorten the time. My first clearance took 2 years before I was given the thumbs up. My second one was a reinvestigation and it only took them 3 months to clear me. Since my TS its still active and government issued, hopefully it will shorten the investigation time considering every place that I've been for the past 4 years, including current location, required me to have a TS and its still good til next year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5760 users online. 327 members and 5433 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X