300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Investigator

I am interested in becoming a law enforcement officer after I graduate college, but I am also looking at other options.

What do you have to do to become a private investigator? What are the specs. of the job like salary, hours, requirements, and any other info you can give me that will help me out in my decision.

Re

Grullj,

The site below is probably the best source for all of the info you are seeking. I did it for two years, but burned out eventually. The hours are long, and depending on the assignment, you could work weekends, and some nights. A large percentage of this job entails surveillance, and in all weather conditions. Boredom, waiting and staying alert and awake will be among your biggest challenges.

I Did mostly worker's comp cases, but there are other areas you could explore as well. I did enjoy the actual work, but didn't like the company I worked for, so be sure to research each employer you apply to. Some companies will furnish your vehicle, video camera and other equipment, while others will require you to use your own equipment. A few will probably allow you to carry firearms, others will not. Overall, I gained a lot of experience, and who knows, maybe I will do PI work again, but in a different capacity. Give it a shot.

http://www.ipiu.org/
    Last edited by Gil; 08-12-2005, 12:38 PM.
    "Life should be a mission and adventure, not just a mere existence"

Comment

Thanks alot for the post. It's a great site i just can't get the subscription because I don't have the money right now. But i was able to find some useful information.

Comment

Re

Sure thing..Glad to help. I don't want to pay either, at least not yet. But as you said, there is still lots of info. Good luck.

Gil
        "Life should be a mission and adventure, not just a mere existence"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4541 users online. 241 members and 4300 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X