300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Crime Units

Who knows of any south FL departments that have computer crime units. I have a bachelors degree in IT and will be applying soon. I want to join a department where I can be part of cybercrime investigations. Your responses are appreciated.

MDPD has one of the finest computer crime units in the country, but you have to wear boots before you get into it.

Comment

Every Police Dept/Sheriff's Dept/Federal Agency that I know of (regardless of the state), you have to be on the street for while before you can apply for a job like that.

I just went to a class ran by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and everyone there (from about 40 different states) was a seasoned LEO.

Comment

If you want to go directly into computer crimes, these agencys do hire directly into a position dealing with such issues:

Air Force OSI Agents

Army CID Agents

Most State AG's Offices

Comment

4+ years on the street, and usually 2 years of being a detective before you can even apply for a Computer Forensics Dept...

I believe this is partially because you get sent to a 3 month FBI training academy for computer investigation. That is a very $$$$$ class for your agency.
          ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

I don't mind the work I have to do to get in. A few years out on the street will be fine I just want to find the right department so I don't have to move around. I want to establish my pension with one department and not have to start all over again with another after a few years of experience.
            The thing is that the departments don't have any information on their website concerning this particular unit. I know Pembroke Pines has one because I went through their Citizen Police Academy. I heard Broward Sheriffs has one but the agency is under fire from what I have read. There are a few good paying departments in the area and I need to know who has this type of unit. Thanks for all your feedback I will continue to do some research. I applied to FBI so we will see what comes of that before I apply locally.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3870 users online. 260 members and 3610 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X