300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesapeake PD polygraph results.

Well as some of you know. I have been involved with the selection process with Chesapeake Police Department for some time now. The last thread managed to go 6 pages, so I decided it was time for a new thread.

So today was the big day... the last phase of the application process, the polygraph. Of course there is a medical examination, but thats nothing major in my opinion.

So today i was scheduled for a 1030 polygraph, however when i showed up at 1005 i was told that i was late. I then explained that i was told 1030. So i meet my polygraph operator, everything goes smoothly during the pre-polygraph interview, and then the test began...
    He ran two charts then said "well i dont see a need to run a third, i have already come to my conclusion." It was a rather stern voice in which he was speaking in so i figured it out... He then says "well i dont think you are being desiptive, congrats and welcome." then handed me my date for the medical examination. The academy starts on the 29th of this month.

XLNT...good job.
    "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Way to go Steve!!
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by kaiden
        Congratulation.... I always say, "You lie, you die." Don't lower your guard just because you have your invitation to the academy. Finishing it is another major accomplishment, and then probation, FTO Training, etc.. etc...

We work so hard for the career and then some of us.....give it away by doing something stupid. My academy class lost 5 good recruits because they went and partied, got drunk,....crashed..... etc.... etc... hit and run., assault, theft, you name it....these dumb _ss did it.

Stay focus..... 6 month of pain (academy) for a 30 year career. Pretty good trade off. Good luck.
        thanks my friend...
        i believe that some people are ment to be a LEO... i believe i fall into that category so i dont see the academy or fto training being a problem...
        i dont drink and i dont party so i also dont see that being an issue.
        i have not had a physical in forever and a day, so i dont even remember what all is involved lol

Comment

I went through the CPD academy in 2001, all I have to say is......"Hit The Lot"....lol have fun.

Comment

Congrats!

Nice work!!!!!!!!!

I know you are on cloud nine, remember this feeling when the academy starts ginding you down. As the earlier psoter said, 6 months of hard work for a 25 year career...walk in the park.

"hit the lot", you're going to hate those words!!!!

Again, great job and let me know if you need anything.

Comment

congrats...now keep us updated on the academy and what not...i was reading your other thread all the time...

Comment

Originally posted by gomets11
                congrats...now keep us updated on the academy and what not...i was reading your other thread all the time...
                i actually plan to make daily or weekly posts that recap my time spent at the academy... the material covered, and the day to day grind.
                I dont know whether or not to give my two weeks notice to my current employer or not.

Comment

Steve, IMHO, once you pass the medical give your notice. You can give more than 2 weeks and make your boss even happier if you are in a sensitive or hard to fill position. Take a little time off before the academy and get everything in order from uniforms, drycleaners, supplies, ect. Get some good sleep and hit the beach because it is going to be a while before you get to do those things again. If you know anyone in your class start networking and try to figure out who all the memebers are and get organized. Organization is a huge key here. The faster your class gets organized and on the ball the sooner the staff will ease up and let you get down business. I held meetings before our academy started and we were pretty much set before we even marched on campus. The staff was suitably impressed. This is not to say we didn't get yelled at, we did, you will, but it eased off much quicker than the classes before and after us.

Try to network with some of the senior class members and recent grads now and get a feel for the staff, what their pet peeves are, ect and put the info out there to your class. Have you set up a Yahoo group like I suggested? If you need any help in this I'd be more than happy to get you set up and on your way.
                  "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

sooooo to give others a basic understanding, here is a recap of the application process thus far...

Written Examination: they only accepted the top 100 test scores, however only 105 individuals passed the written exam. I scored a 90 overall i believe.

Physical Agility Test: Pretty simple agility exam that follows this exact same format Click for agility layout.

Online PHQ: nothing to difficult, just some background information needed to aid in the up coming background investigation.

DMV and Criminal Records check: after this step, only 82 individuals were invited to take part in the next step.

Personality Profile Exam: This exam consisted of about 4 different exams, one being timed. You were given 12 minutes to complete as many questions as possible and they were no walk in the park questions let me tell you! I managed to answer about 28-30 of the questions, however i have no idea how many i managed to answer correctly, and they were not multiple choice. The other 3 exams were time consuming and at the end of the day about 800 questions were answered.

Reference Check: Most of my neighboors recieved a phone call and a visit. Most of my references listed were contacted.

Panel Interview: basically your typical Oral board interview that cosists of 3-5 majors from the department. All the members on the board showed no emotions, and i felt that i flunked the interview, but much to my surprise i did very well.

Acceptance of Conditional Offer of Employment: this document basically explains what the department expects out of you, should you be hired based on passing the last two steps of the process. Starting pay is explained and pay increases after the academy are also explained. After signing that, i felt my heart skip a beat and i couldnt believe i was basically there! Very exciting moment.

Polygraph Examination: I passed this portion with ease. I hate the polygraph, i dont agree with the use of it, and i dont have a problem passing them. I just see them as useless psuedoscience. Not to mention, it takes more time to become licensed to cut someones hair than it does to ruin a persons career/future/dream. Just some food for thought

Medical Evaluation and Drug Screening: scheduled for August 16th @ 8am.

Lastly, Payroll meeting I dont know when this will be, but i would imagine sometime next week or maybe the friday before the academy starts. The academy is scheduled to begin on August 29.

So thats the run down for those who have not read the 6 page thread that outlines every detail of the process. Not to mention the other thread is much more entertaining simply because not only my experience was documented, but another forum member was involved in the same application process... so two opinions were accomponied by an actual officer that just graduated the Chesapeake Police Academy earlier this year.
                    Last edited by VAsteve20; 08-11-2005, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Congrats Vasteve, i knew you would make it.

The Norfolk academy is no joke. Just finished day 4 today and every muscle in my body is killing me, but it all feels good at the end of the day. Hours are 8 to 5. We line up at attention then do about 60 push ups. Classes throughout the day, someone screws up 20 to 40 more pushups every time. At 4 o'clock we PT for an hour of total pain, sit-ups, push-ups, crunches, jumping jacks, and a few others i don't even know what the hell they are called. Of course a mile and a half run also. It's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by metstones
                        Congrats Vasteve, i knew you would make it.

The Norfolk academy is no joke. Just finished day 4 today and every muscle in my body is killing me, but it all feels good at the end of the day. Hours are 8 to 5. We line up at attention then do about 60 push ups. Classes throughout the day, someone screws up 20 to 40 more pushups every time. At 4 o'clock we PT for an hour of total pain, sit-ups, push-ups, crunches, jumping jacks, and a few others i don't even know what the hell they are called. Of course a mile and a half run also. It's awesome.
                        Hey mets!, glad your living it up over in Norfolk!
                        i actually joined golds gym the other day and started some weight training just for the hell of it... i just cant wait to put a uniform on, and i dont care how crappy the training uniforms are or arnt... granted i still have the physical and drug screening, but i dont see it being an issue seeing as i have been drug free all my life with the tattoo's to prove it, and im more than physically fit i feel. What all was involved with your medical physical over at norfolk? im just hoping there is no prostate check .

Comment

No prostate check but they do check the front. They take blood, **** in a bottle, hearing test, eye test, chest x-ray, just an overall check you out but the one thing that is tough is you have to breath into a tube for one long continuos breath 3 different times. You cannot stop and try to take another breath. that to me was the hardest part but still overall it should not be a problem at all.

Comment

Originally posted by metstones
                            No prostate check but they do check the front. They take blood, **** in a bottle, hearing test, eye test, chest x-ray, just an overall check you out but the one thing that is tough is you have to breath into a tube for one long continuos breath 3 different times. You cannot stop and try to take another breath. that to me was the hardest part but still overall it should not be a problem at all.
                            That damn tube was the worst!

Comment

Originally posted by VAsteve20
                              Hey mets!, glad your living it up over in Norfolk!
                              i actually joined golds gym the other day and started some weight training just for the hell of it... i just cant wait to put a uniform on, and i dont care how crappy the training uniforms are or arnt... granted i still have the physical and drug screening, but i dont see it being an issue seeing as i have been drug free all my life with the tattoo's to prove it, and im more than physically fit i feel. What all was involved with your medical physical over at norfolk? im just hoping there is no prostate check .
                              Hey Man,

The med is actually at 3 places. Plan on a few hours and don't eat anything until they tell you. You'll be able to eat before you head out to Western Branch for the x-ray. You'll start meeting some of the guys and gals (6-8).

Payroll meeting is nice and relaxed. Will be at the academy and will be a much different atmosphere than your experience on the 30th

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5370 users online. 290 members and 5080 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X