300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee County or Collier County FL

After 12 years on the job I am considering a career move from Ohio to Florida, yeah I know what your thinking "Oh no. Not another one!" Anyhow, I have been looking at the Lee County S.O. and the Collier County S.O. with interest. I have heard what the Human Resources people and the job listings have to say about the agencies and now want to hear what either place is really like. I hope someone can help a Brother out with a little intel.

Thanks in advance

Bob

Lee County vs. Collier County

I would recommend Collier County. Lee County is understaffed for the most part. They work a very busy county with short staff. They get a take home car after 3 years of sharing with a partner. They pay i beleive is a little less then Collier.

Collier in my mind is much better. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Good luck.

Comment

I can only tell you about Collier, I spent 2 years in everglades city, nice place, I heard they need help in naples and possibly the marco district. Either way the department has changed since 1983, The sheriff is don hunter GREAT GUY !. The county itself is nice, to the west you have the gulf to the east is Immokolee and everglades city goodland. I think if you are ready to slow down a little Collier is the place.

Comment

I dont work in law enforcement so I cant speek for those agencies but I would recomend Lee county, Collier County is extremly expensive (all of florida is but it is, but it is still a higher cost of living). Both are very nice areas, Heck you might want to look into Charlotte County, it is the next one north of Lee.

Comment

I am looking into The Lee County Sheriffs Department. I have no LE experiance. My experiance is in security and loss prevention. I am confused about the hiring process.. or even how to become a sheriff.. Acadamy, Corrections, then sheriff?? I have a associates degree in applied science will that help? also, Fort Myers is a great place, and also cheaper than naples anyday..... We also have a bussier beach than naples. My girlfriend and I love fort myers.
          X8

Comment

LEE County

I just returned from LEE County i was there for a week. I am going through the hiring process. I toured the facility and I loved it. I felt the presence of brotherhood. I am from PA and have been in the field for 8 years. FYI LEE County is offering right now A major hiring incentive. There web site does not show the incentives though. The housing is going through the roof get in now.

Comment

What kind of incentive are they offering?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Airforcop
                What kind of incentive are they offering?
                its on the web site

Comment

the incentives look pretty good from what i see. I am jsut wondering how the hours work. once yur a sheriff on the road you work only 2 weeks a month. 12 hour shifts. does anyone know anything different than that? Are you on call? i cant seem to find anyone who will give me a straight answer. Even the human resources wont tell me straight.
                  X8

Comment

I wouldn't think you'd be on call. The schedule is no different than any of the others that are out there. I'm starting with Collier County (starting in the jail) and CCSO also works 12's, probably the same schedule as Lee County. With the way the schedule is, you actually work 84 hours every 2 weeks, so it all works out in the end as far as pay goes. If OT is available, you can seriosuly rack some up with as much time off as you'll have, and you can't beat having Fri-Sun off every other week.
                    sigpic

Comment

i recieved a email telling me that this was a posibility of ony 2 weeks of regular work. i like it. I also run a small body shop in estero and i graduated with my associate drgree and i went to school for body work and painting. I would like time to make that money also! im definatly doin it when i get home.
                      X8

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2849 users online. 187 members and 2662 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X